World Cup Thread

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Bobito

Re: World Cup Thread

Post by Bobito » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:26 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:47 am
Bobito wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:25 pm
You just can't stop when you are about to shoot, you can in the middle of your run.
Wrong, there has to be continuous movement toward the ball.
https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeve ... f47369.pdf Page 7

Yesterday game was ok and balanced, perfectly Belgium could have won it considering the chances they got, besides that it was cautious game of both without being too defensive , putting aside after France scored.

Today It should be a similar game, after group stage Croatia has played mediocrely and England have more defensive security outside the joke of a group stage they had, I’m just looking forward for some memes post game.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Feinting is not stopping.

https://ncaasoccer.arbitersports.com/Gr ... nges-1.pdf

first paragraph

http://nisoa.com/instruction/interschol ... s-1-and-2/

The kicker may run at an angle, arc or straight at the ball. However, no stopping or pausing no matter how short during the run before the ball is kicked is permitted. The penalty for stopping during the kick is the exception to the penalty rule mentioned above. If a player interrupts his/her approach to the ball, blow your whistle and stop play immediately and have the kick retaken.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2 ... iques-win/

The regulations around run-ups are also important. Stuttering approaches are allowed provided the penalty taker is continuously moving forward.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:00 pm

I think we're about to see some salt
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:33 pm

What was the song again? They're going home?

Now to beat the cocky le cocks and its been a decent tournament for me afterall.
Last edited by AngrySpoonySnob on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Seems football said "Fuck you, mom & dad!"
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Oh well. Nobody expected us to even get to the quarter finals with this team so it was a breddy good tournament overall. I just hope the French dick the slavs in the final so that football will at least be within 18 miles of home.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 pm

You'd have your historical enemy take it just so its closer?? That some real salt right thur lol
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Bobito

Post by Bobito » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:09 pm

The only feinting you can do in a penalty kick is slow down or stop for a fraction of second not at the moment of shooting, the update of the rule was to end the cheap shots after the goalkeeper picked a side to jump, I think it was mentioned here before.

Thanks for the memes Croatia, england got shaky legs like Belgium against Brazil but this time Croatia got better aim, Kane in the end was a meme player of the level of salenko in the 94 at least for this World Cup. I still think the negros are gonna win this thing, so far they defend the results very well.

Angelfire Memes

Post by Angelfire Memes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:12 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 pm
You'd have your historical enemy take it just so its closer?? That some real salt right thur lol
Literally every country on earth is our historical enemy.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 pm

If france get a lucky 1-0 again and then put 11 man in their box they can win but if they got make the play if it stays 0-0 for a long time my money is on croatia
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine