"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:19 am
Win or booze? What the fuck? That's the worst line imaginable.
They might just lampshade the fact that their stronk protagonist is Cletus' albino daughter.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Concerned observer

Post by Concerned observer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:19 am
mad bum wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:08 am
Ewwww
Win or booze? What the fuck? That's the worst line imaginable.
At least it’s the best animated Netflix show in terms of actual animation , well besides the thing with the stop motion stunt man

But it’s not a very well written show

ban

Post by ban » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:54 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:31 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:26 pm
First two seasons. Later Futurama was terrible.
Third season was a borderline case for me.

"Amazon Women in the Mood" was great. Classic star trek bit. There are some other good episodes in there like the one with Zoidberg's grandpa or whatever he was. "Future Shock" with the '80s CEO guy was fun. But then there's also unfunny (((drama))) about Fry wanting to bone Leela. Most of the "serious" futurama episodes were either bad or meme-tier. People only remember shit like Fry's dog because of memes. The episode itself is mostly boring and a relentless downer. A lot of the serious drama episodes were like that.

I'd still rather watch nu (bad) futarama than simpsons though.
The SnuSnu episode is what Futurama should have ended upon. That ending with Zapp and Fry laughing like idiots in bandages and casts while doing the Beevis and Butthead routine of "ooooohhh yeah" was gold. :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:49 pm

Well the Rocko and Zim specials were good (Nick shows but still) but I agree the other animated shows pale in comparison because they all have flash puppet animation.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:05 pm

I normally don't watch cartoons, but I'll watch the Zim special at some point. Zim has a cancerous fanbase, but I have a nostalgic soft spot for it. I'm not going anywhere near the Rocko special since it's about Ed Bighead's son becoming a tranny.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:34 am

Rocko's [Current Year] Life
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:16 am

I mean the tranny part doesn't really bother me, but what does bother me is that because of the special there will now be Rule 34 of Rachel/Ralph. If you ignore the tranny part Cuck it'll relatively be the same.
But I love the Zim cartoon too.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:57 pm

Tbf, if my memory hasn't gone too hazy, Rocko is the type of gaijin animu that's already effed-up enough that trannies wouldn't be too out of the ordinary.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Cuckara

Post by Cuckara » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:57 pm

Rocko was always weird, but I don't recall the social commentary of the old episodes being this on the nose. Like there was an episode where it's revealed that Ed Bighead loves dressing like a clown and he keeps this secret because he's terrified of social backlash: a teenager or adult would instantly pick up on the in the closet subtext, but this subtext isn't explicitly spelled out to the child audience. Obviously the Rocko special is more targeted at old fans of the show than kids, but it's still technically a kids show, so it's pretty fucked up that it outright glorifies trannies. Also, I have no interest in watching a show that wants to lecture me on how trannies are perfectly normal people who should be showered with love.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:44 pm

The hilarious thing is that around GG, when discussion of Anita and her belief that all women characters should be stronk independent wymyn was ripe, anons on 8chan repeatedly posted a quote by Joe Murray on that subject.

Basically Rocko was supposed to have an older sister and Murray wrote an episode with her in it. The Nickelodeon people didn't like it, so it was shelved. Then they did some focus group testing or whatever and they concluded from this that they needed more stronk independent wymyn, so they told Murray to bring in the sister and make her 'strong'. Murray refused to do it, and refused to ever bring in the sister, because he claimed that being 'strong' is not a character trait. You can't build a character based purely on them being 'strong'. Anons and plebbitors (because they were in the mix) stood up and cheered and reposted this frequently as an 'own' against Anita and her ethos

And now he's glorifying transsexuals...
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.