"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:07 am

I don't think the one annual episode that is the least serious about anything is a good place to lecture people about the morally correct choice.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:49 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:57 am
Oh god, that was the worst piece of shit that could've ever come up with and it unintentionally sums up how shitty the Simpsons has become.

Everything seems tiresome/soulless. The animation was almost nu-Family Guy tier, especially near the end, the sound mixing is really fucking terrible, the music is forgettable, liberal bias and worst of all, it was unfunny.
They did a similar lame joke during the Obama era where the machine kills Homer after it corrupts his vote. Also reminder that they vilified the EPA in their movie, hypocrites.

Moe I hope you go on to be the next regeneration of cartoonist and save us from this shit, be the Mike Judge of your time.

Btw my friend has been sorting out the woke toons from the harmless stuff for his kid, what can you recommend that’s current? He didn’t mind Craig of the Creek until they started putting all this pronoun shit in and a conversation between two single digit age kids about the sexuality of a Sonic knockoff. He wants his daughter to be innocent and enjoy cartoons without her noticing the stuff they slip in, but at the same time wants her to not feel pressured or indoctrinated, she’s in 5th grade and is already getting that in some aspects.

Mind you he’s not hard right. They watched the Voltron reboot and liked it, he didn’t care that Shiro was gay. He just doesn’t like hammering over the head with that nonsense.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:57 am

Is Ladybug still halal? I don't really keep up with 3D or gaijin magical girls.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:05 am

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:49 am
Also reminder that they vilified the EPA in their movie, hypocrites.
The EPA was made by a Republican so it's okay.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:42 am

It's surreal knowing that when I was around that age, Regular Show, Adventure Time and Gumball were still new and feel old because I remember when Foster's came out with that pilot movie. Great times.

But as some guy who's in his twenties said, there's always a different audience with each generation. Kids that are five+ years younger than us probably might not like the old stuff. But it doesn't hurt to try.

You got Over the Garden Wall which is pretty underrated and a mini-series, Harvey Beaks (another show cucked by Nick), OKKO was fine. I'm sure there more.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:45 am

It's surreal knowing that when I was around that age, Regular Show, Adventure Time and Gumball were still new and feel old because I remember when Foster's came out with that pilot movie. Great times.

But as some guy who's in his twenties said, there's always a different audience with each generation. Kids that are five+ years younger than us probably might not like the old stuff. But it doesn't hurt to try.

You got Over the Garden Wall which is pretty underrated and a mini-series, Harvey Beaks (another show cucked by Nick), OKKO was fine. I haven't watched many episodes so I hope that Sugar's shit didn't rub off on the show. I'm sure there more that missed but those don't try to push anything.

But you know, if she's able to watch stuff like Gravity Falls or anything similar it should be fine.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:28 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:57 am
Is Ladybug still halal? I don't really keep up with 3D or gaijin magical girls.
Surprisingly yes, the creator seems like an SJW via his twitter reposts, and while there are two girls on there who I’m almost certain are set to be lesbians it hasn’t dipped into them defending trans rights or anything. Although they did have a special where they went to America and all of the burger superheroes were painfully embarrassing, including a clear lesbian couple, one being a Batman archetype who had her and her sidekick wear suits that modulated their voices and made them sound male but in the end decided the country was ready for female versions. I mean before current year cringe we had female heroes take the mantle and do a good job, it felt really stupid. Seriously though, they didn’t fit the theme of the show at all, save for an Injun who appears at the end with his own box of henshin jewelry.

When a middle schooler looks at you and says that was stupid you know they’re probably gonna make cartoons better than adults. If anything that show would benefit from introducing a kamen rider type or something.

Over the Garden Wall was great Moe, but OK GayO quickly went down the woke blender. The cringe let’s not be skeletons episodes where they use remotes as a metaphor for guns, feminist bullshit, diversity represented by kappa oppression, and a lot of other quite literal gay shit ruined any potential that show had.

I have a cousin who is in junior high but his mom is a little strict, I’ve gotten him into certain Gundam series and stuff like GaoGaiGar and Cyborg 009. She’s weird in what she finds problematic so I have to curate for him, poor dude doesn’t even have streaming access in his own room. Thankfully he’s growing up nowhere near as awkward as I feared due to his upbringing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:13 am

Sieg Zeon wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:28 am
Although they did have a special where they went to America and all of the burger superheroes were painfully embarrassing, including a clear lesbian couple, one being a Batman archetype who had her and her sidekick wear suits that modulated their voices and made them sound male but in the end decided the country was ready for female versions.
Where the hell was this episode supposed to take place in the original draft? Saudi-Arabia?
If anything that show would benefit from introducing a kamen rider type or something.
The Ladybug Yaoi Armada is always in need of new ships. I'm personally not really happy with the current selection fo Best Husbando, aka That 90's Dudebro BFF.
I have a cousin who is in junior high but his mom is a little strict, I’ve gotten him into certain Gundam series
Say no more, I already know which one it is.
SpoilerShow
-Yours Truly

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:22 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:13 am
Sieg Zeon wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:28 am
Although they did have a special where they went to America and all of the burger superheroes were painfully embarrassing, including a clear lesbian couple, one being a Batman archetype who had her and her sidekick wear suits that modulated their voices and made them sound male but in the end decided the country was ready for female versions.
Where the hell was this episode supposed to take place in the original draft? Saudi-Arabia?
If anything that show would benefit from introducing a kamen rider type or something.
The Ladybug Yaoi Armada is always in need of new ships. I'm personally not really happy with the current selection fo Best Husbando, aka That 90's Dudebro BFF.
I have a cousin who is in junior high but his mom is a little strict, I’ve gotten him into certain Gundam series
Say no more, I already know which one it is.
SpoilerShow
Right? It was incredibly asinine, no idea what they think America is like. Granted they did have a superhero whose sole purpose was to serve hotdogs so that may be a clue. And ugh that’s a thing? This is why I avoid fandoms. I’ll be honest, when I first saw that show I thought it was cheap animation designed to sell dolls, but I did realize the creator actually did like henshin stuff and was inspired. Shame they didn’t go with that traditional animation from the proof of concept, it looked way better. It was one of those “hey this is on netflix perfect to put on while babysitting/working from home” but I did find the family dynamic with cat twink and his dad intriguing. Problem with that show is they’re gonna get redundant and drag out the will they won’t they and then hastily wrap it all up.

Oh you fucking know it. I actually showed him the OVA holy trinity first, WitP, 08th MS Team, and Stardust Memory. I was a bit worried since 08th has tits briefly but I made sure helicopter parent was busy during that moment. When asked which to
watch next I described G as Street Fighter Gundam and he was ready for it.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:28 pm

This kid is off to an excellent start.

And I guess a genderswap voice modulator can make sense if you're extra-paranoid about keeping your identiy secret (though I would personally go for a robot voice or something equally uncanny), but that's probably just confusing in an audio-visual medium for kids unless the character's identity reveal is supposed to be some big (and non-asinine) twist.
-Yours Truly