"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:09 pm

Tbf, it can probably be safely assumed that any bishie vampire is bi, if not outright gay.
Guest wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 am
So I’ll give it to Wokeflix, they did a decent job with seasons 1 and 2 of Castlevania. They stayed faithful to the source material
Then where's Grant Danasty?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:40 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:01 pm
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:15 am
No they didn't. It was a snoozefest that had very little to do with Castlevania. It doesn't surprise me the show is gone completely to shit, because the show was never good and Warren Ellis is a pretentious twat.
The dude thinks he's writing Game of Thrones, and he's copying all the worst aspects of that show.
Everything shrinks of GoT these days, hence why I haven’t even bothered with The Witcher.

Regarding faithfulness they did okay with the first season in terms of Trevor meeting his companions. Not having Grant was some serious bullshit shit though. I do like the characters, Trevor is brash and badass, and a lot of the dialogue does crack me up. Where the GoT shit comes in is the vampire crap. With the corrupt church officials they wrapped that up quick, but they’ve dragged the Carmilla crap out now. Turn that bitch into a mask already.

Having Ellis attached to the project, as I do think his comics are pretentious edgy trash. I did like the first season, and despite some flaws the second worked for me. As for faithful I’m referring to adapting an 8 bit game, so they did okay with the going from point a to b and meeting new people, missing Grant aside...

Some pluses I’ll give the show are the characters. They really do invoke sympathy for the devil with Dracula. Despite being the lord of darkness he’s a broke man, and in the games he’s lost the only two women he’s ever loved, and the show did well showing his despair and anger over Lisa’s death. I guess I expected too much from a hack creator and Wokeflix, but I was hoping we’d get the Curse of Darkness story in the bag and move on to Simon (nobody gives a shit about Christopher Belmont) next season.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:49 pm

>missing Grant aside

Cutting out Grant is like effectively ignoring 25% of the 8-bit kahntent.

Dracula a broken man

Dude even when the guy was still (mostly) human he was a magnificient bastard who made the Grim Reaper his bitch. The only crawling he has in his skin is from some faggots who keep whipping him whenever he parties too hard.
Dude is such a Chad, he once spent an entire fight sitting in a comfy chair and having his cape do the fighting.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Complicity

Post by Complicity » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:46 pm

Thank goodness i have only watched the first 4 episodes, aka the whole first season, during which they killed some monsters and that was it.

I'm surprised i haven't seen The Cuckening or his clones bitching about Alucard being gay and doing one of the things Vic Lasagna was accused of (fucking 2 twins).

Everything sjws touch turns into shit.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:44 am

Complicity wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:46 pm
Thank goodness i have only watched the first 4 episodes, aka the whole first season, during which they killed some monsters and that was it.

I'm surprised i haven't seen The Cuckening or his clones bitching about Alucard being gay and doing one of the things Vic Lasagna was accused of (fucking 2 twins).

Everything sjws touch turns into shit.
Don’t get me wrong Voice, not having Grant was bullshit and I’ll always hold as a mark against the show. Regarding Drac, he’s definitely the dark lord chad but in the context of a show they did a good job showing Lisa’s death fueling his hatred for humanity.

And yeah they let the sjw shit fly in S3 Complicity. As far as I remember it wasn’t blatant before. Isaac maybe but in fairness they made him into a cool character. OG Isaac is fine and all, I just remember him being a villainous visual kei band member. Only problem is they fucked up the possibility of telling Curse of Darkness right.

Eww, so they were twins? I wasn’t sure, but that’s fucking nasty.

I wish a different studio had tackled this project. We got a few of them but I wanted to see more of the iconic monsters. Slogra and Gaibon were cool to see, but ruined by being fodder. I get that monsters can obviously resurrect, but the forge master thing led to too much fodder. I always believed Drac gathered monsters from around the world to protect his castle, but in this show you just have a guy stab a dude with a magic knife and bam, instant monster.

I guess I need to accept that Castlevania is dead. Bloodstained was a good successor but it didn’t quite captivate me like the others did. I played all of the 2D games in the past two years, and they hold up well for me. I was ready to close the lid on Resident Evil after 7 but the new remakes have given me hope, same with Devil May Cry 5. Castlevania however, is deader than Dracula in 1999.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:03 am

I agree with all you guys about the Netflix Castlevania show. There are a few cool action scenes, but you have to sit through so much boring shit before you get to them.

I've only played the first game on the SNES. Are all these characters that just sit around and talk for hours actually from the games?

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:51 am

The major ones are. The minor ones like the priests and all that shit aren't. The sitting around and talking isn't from the games either, not even the more story driven games like Symphony. What Ellis is trying to do is add context and world-building to the story and he's such a pretentious twat that it comes off as more boring than fascinating.

It's just a game where you go around whipping things. You fight weird monsters. They even had Frankenstein's monster for fuck's sake. Anyone who says that Ellis' putting on airs is in any way faithful to Castlevania doesn't know what they're talking about.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:57 am

Guest wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 am
So I’ll give it to Wokeflix
I don't. Nothing on there is worth watching. all the old stuff that was has been pulled by now. If you sub to them you're a fucking moron. I've gotten free access from a friend and still felt ripped off. Think of any good movie. Try and find it on Netwichs. You won't. Trailer Park Boys is the only good show on that network and if it was gone it'd be on a better one.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:16 pm

Funnily enough, a proper Castlevania would basically be a shounen animu. There are certainly enough arcs about the heroes running around the bad guys' big HQ and getting into random fights between bits of exposition.
Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:44 am
Eww, so they were twins? I wasn’t sure, but that’s fucking nasty.
Can't spell "twincest" without "wincest".
I wish a different studio had tackled this project. We got a few of them but I wanted to see more of the iconic monsters. Slogra and Gaibon were cool to see, but ruined by being fodder. I get that monsters can obviously resurrect, but the forge master thing led to too much fodder. I always believed Drac gathered monsters from around the world to protect his castle, but in this show you just have a guy stab a dude with a magic knife and bam, instant monster.
Well, it's not like the games ever properly explained where all those critters come from. I know Lamen of Innocence explains why Death keeps hanging out with Dracula (he's basically a free henchman you get for being the most Chad of all vampires), but that still doesn't explain where he comes from or what he even is.

Stabbing dudes also sounds a lot different from what Forge Masters actually did in Curse of Dorkness. There, you basically create a critter out of pure magic and then have it evolve in ways that may or may not be logical (in the game, a golem can evolve into a skellyman, among other things). Though the monsters created that way have obvious crystals being part of their body, which isn't really something you actually see the rest of Dracula's army having.

The simplest answer is probably that a (probably) teleporting, ever-shifting castle of ultimate evil just tends to shit out monsters.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:51 am
The major ones are. The minor ones like the priests and all that shit aren't.
Also pretty much every single vampire that isn't Dracula or Carmilla. I've heard they made up at least a viking one or something.
-Yours Truly