"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:09 pm

Cancel culture has smelled blood, it seems.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:17 pm

お前はもう死んでいる。

ban

Post by ban » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:25 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:02 am
Or he could, you know, get rid of the unfunny cartoon.
Why do you think he made The Orville and hoped for its success? He'd rather play Star Trek TNG pretend fanfic on tv that spent a moment longer being dragged to make another season of Family Goy. Granted it did give him some extra money to spend on The Orville's cg.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:00 pm

>being stuck to ripping off Star Trek episodes or making unfunny cartoons

Oh boy.
Not a good idea to admit this publicly. No those blackvoice actors will be the target of internet harassment.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

ban

Post by ban » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:02 pm

You forget :

>ripping off Star Trek episodes but putting fart jokes in that the Star Dreck fanbase loves and champions as the true Treck nowadays

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:21 pm

Still better than the "official" Star Trek of Current Year, sadly enough.
-Yours Truly

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:07 pm

I'm watching Hey Arnold again and I forgot that Harold, the fat bully, was a Jew. I didn't even think about it.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:25 am

That's because the show was made by writers who actually thought a Jew character should have more important personality traits than "I'm a Jew". Same for other minorities.
A Harold of Current Year would be a totally different beast, just so the more soy-filled writers can constantly remind you of how diverse their cast is.

EDIT: It appears Wikipedia suggests that his VA was also Jewish. Dodged a bullet there :lol:
-Yours Truly

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:11 am

It should just stay at the Jungle Movie, which was pretty great.
That's a terrifying thought actually. In fact, I think that they've only mentioned the fact that he was Jewish a couple of times, much like with Gerald being black. Hell even the damn teacher is gay and there was like one episode that really talked about it fully iirc.

So when people were shocked about those two gay dads in that Loud House show, I'm like bruh, Ren and Stimpy were pioneers in that (I guess, that show gives continuity the finger. They had a father and son relationship, were straight up :lol: "gay", brothers, pals, it goes on).

Because I swear to Christ, I am so glad they haven't stooped (kid) to that level.
Unless of course they actually make a new Spongebob episode where he actually comes out.
SpoilerShow
Out of the three movies, the Invader Zim one was the best hands down, as in so good it could've worked as an actual movie. This one was the second best because it ended quite nicely and it managed to keep the tone of the original show. Upon further inspection with the third time watching it, that Rocko special wasn't as good as it could've been. It was alright in some places and it's not bad, but it's sort of underwhelming in comparison to the others. But hey, there's some closure at least

Edit: forgot to mention the current year goodness of focusing so much on how diverse your character is that you forget to give them character outside of their one trait being I'm this and that's it.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Ihatebradjones

Post by Ihatebradjones » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:52 pm

The most of the cast has to replaced soon anyway. Many of them are pushing 70, saw clips from an recent episode and Julie Kavner sounded like she was about to keel over from exhaustion..
"Brad looks like a cancer patient" Lordkat from his Pop Quiz Hotshot riff.