"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Guest » Thu May 24, 2018 7:01 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 2:25 pm
(They also had to agree to package Futurama DVDs in terrible biodegradable cardboard cases.)
What the fuck.
You know that terrible box they used for the Simpsons season six btw? Had to deal with that the other day, not fun. AFAIK they kept making those too, but as the "limited edition" versions of seasons 7-whatever.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Thu May 24, 2018 7:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:01 pm
Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 2:25 pm
(They also had to agree to package Futurama DVDs in terrible biodegradable cardboard cases.)
What the fuck.
You know that terrible box they used for the Simpsons season six btw? Had to deal with that the other day, not fun. AFAIK they kept making those too, but as the "limited edition" versions of seasons 7-whatever.
That's the stupid plastic Homer head, right? I fucking hate it when series/collections don't stay consistent with their packaging.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Thu May 24, 2018 7:27 pm

There's apparently a non-Homerhead version out there now, just checked Amazon.
Yeah that shit sux. Gotta wonder what mongoloids in the marketing department (and not just at Fox) think that shits okay.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu May 24, 2018 8:27 pm

The same ones who won't let the show die?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu May 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:27 pm
Gotta wonder what mongoloids in the marketing department (and not just at Fox) think that shits okay.
So long as the MovieBobs of the world keep buying them, they'll keep making them
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Fri May 25, 2018 1:55 am

>Actually buying DVD's

DVD's are worthless now and will continue to just become waste, if VHS taught us anything they won't be collectible at any point except maybe for that limited run shit that horror movies get.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Fri May 25, 2018 8:34 am

The golden age Simpsons DVDs are all from last decade. It was, as Sam Raimi would say, a different time.
Those "HD" versions that are cropped are no-gud. I can't remember if they're even HD or just upscales (although I've seen an actual HD version of S1, still cropped.)

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Sat May 26, 2018 3:31 pm

The original Simpsons was animated on 16mm but was synched and edited on standard def analogue equipment. Unless they pull a Star Trek NG and use the original film elements and V.O. sessions and reedit them, we'll never see an HD version of the classic era, so the DVDs are not going anywhere. Some shit will forever be trapped in the past.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

GestapoAssiman

Post by GestapoAssiman » Sat May 26, 2018 3:41 pm

mad bum wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:55 am
>Actually buying DVD's

DVD's are worthless now and will continue to just become waste, if VHS taught us anything they won't be collectible at any point except maybe for that limited run shit that horror movies get.
Take that back, motherfucker
~ regards a man who buys DVDs and Blurays to this day because I'm insane somebody please help me I don't know why I do this
- and that's a good thing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 26, 2018 4:01 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:31 pm
The original Simpsons was animated on 16mm but was synched and edited on standard def analogue equipment. Unless they pull a Star Trek NG and use the original film elements and V.O. sessions and reedit them, we'll never see an HD version of the classic era, so the DVDs are not going anywhere. Some shit will forever be trapped in the past.
They can just upscale, blur and otherwise distort the shit out of it in the process. Disney got away with that, so why not the Simpsons as well?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette