"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Singh'sSpot

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Singh'sSpot » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Which one is better? Eastern design or Western?

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:03 am

The original voice actress of She-Ra doesn't like the new cartoon + she's criticizing how Dreamworks is censoring naysayers.

http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/10/0 ... g-critics/
“I know I may be taking a chance posting and commenting on this, but my heart has been hurting about the comments some marketing people and publicity machines are bombarding the internet with regarding some fans of the original She Ra series.

I’m actually glad that in this published article someone finally has said “enough” to the kind of devisive (sp) marketing and negative publicity that has been promoted regarding the fact that some people might actually prefer the original series. It’s a big world, and there’s enough room for many cartoons. But, because the She Ra name is being used to do a “new” series, I believe you must respect the admiration of fans of the original, and not because you have the power of marketing or an ego trip put them into categories that denigrate their character and insinuate that if they prefer the original, something is wrong with them. In meeting thousands of fans, I’ve NEVER come across any person who did not have a great heart and genuine love for the integrity and pure intention of the original series. It changed their lives for the better. It gave them comfort, laughter and joy with a moral view that is exceptional 33 years later. I love each and every one of you…"
Additionally, the cunt who used to work at IGN but now works at Nerdist is part of the Borg Collective and criticizing anyone who doesn't like the look of the nu-She-Ra, labeling those with wrongthink as "haters."

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:07 am

Singh'sSpot wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:16 pm
Pffffft, real life, obviously.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:54 pm

"We made this reboot, so you're no longer allowed to like the original."

What a smart PR stunt. Can't see that going wrong.
Singh'sSpot wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:16 pm
This better be a rhethorical question.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Probably all true.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:51 am

I love how that video is riling up the industry people like when the internet was shitting on that Thundercats remake.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Dude probably interviewed a Russian bot.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:06 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:18 pm
Dude probably interviewed a Russian bot.
/co/ is pretty sure it's this guy named Luke Weber who did some storyboarding on Gravity Falls among other cartoons. He mentioned a month ago on a podcast that he was blacklisted at the beginning of the year because of #meagain which lines up with his imdb credits.

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:37 pm

After the incestuous shit that goes on behind the scenes of game journalism and development, this kind of shit going on in the cartoon biz doesn't surprise me. One of the commenters called this kind of actions "networking" further confirming that women only get places with their vaginas.
Last edited by RAPEMAN on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Networking is done everywhere in business but it's usually aimed at profit at the end of the day.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!