"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:41 pm

I wouldn't know. Prison if for niggers.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:41 pm
I wouldn't know. Prison if for niggers.
Linkara really should've tried to get himself arrested at some point. A dream come true for him.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:35 pm

I've been watching the Simpsons in production order (as opposed to airdate order) and I feel like Season 7 (Season 3FXX) was the end of classic Simpsons, and even that season had the first "bad" episodes.

My most hated eps of season 3F__ :
*Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield (Marge gets a new outfit and tries to fit in with some rich bitches.)

*Summer of 4 Ft. 2 (Lisa tries to be "cool" to fit in with popular beach kids.): I think there was only one funny line in it.

Also from this season are these two infamous eps:

*Marge Be Not Proud: The Zombie Simpsons site lists this episode as the beginning of the end-- the first "Very Special Episode". It's not great, but I feel the video game and Camp Granada jokes barely save it for me.

*El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer): The psychedelic chili pepper episode. This one isn't great either, but I don't hate it like some do.

These good Season 8 episodes are actually holdovers from this 3F__ seventh season:
*You Only Move Twice
*The Springfield Files
*Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:03 pm

The chili pepper episode is one of those episodes that start of decent, but then you realize the premise wasn't enough to carry an entire episode.

Later seasons would do similar stuff, but then add in a second plot for the latter half that derails everything. There was like one where the whole family is forced to do group therapy, and then the episode gets hijacked by those two prostitutes from that one Las Vegas episode. Because when in doubt, just reuse one-off characters from a couple years ago.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:35 pm
*Marge Be Not Proud: The Zombie Simpsons site lists this episode as the beginning of the end-- the first "Very Special Episode". It's not great, but I feel the video game and Camp Granada jokes barely save it for me.
This was on TV the other day and I've got to say that, if it weren't for Lawrence Tierney, Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong and Sanic I would really hate it too. It's just the way that Marge completely withdraws her love for her son because he stole some shit. Nobody ever calls her out for this.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:22 pm

お前はもう死んでいる。

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:51 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:35 pm
I've been watching the Simpsons in production order (as opposed to airdate order) and I feel like Season 7 (Season 3FXX) was the end of classic Simpsons, and even that season had the first "bad” episodes.
Is “A Milhouse Divided” season 7 or 8? Because that one sucked ass.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:51 am

JL Unlimited wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:51 am
Is “A Milhouse Divided” season 7 or 8? Because that one sucked ass.
That's Season 8. I really don't want to watch that season. It's like 50% bad episodes, 50% good.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:50 pm

I gotta say that I really like a lot of the season 8 episodes. The Homer They Fall is one of my favourites
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:50 pm
I gotta say that I really like a lot of the season 8 episodes. The Homer They Fall is one of my favourites
I just happen to be on that episode right now. (I skipped the "Lisa dates Nelson" episode.)
The opening Bonanza joke alone puts that one in the "good episode" category!
お前はもう死んでいる。