"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 pm

loud house fandom is as good as you expect (not at all)
i have a soft spot for french faux-anime from when i used to watch totally spies and code lyoko.
but the only one i watched in relatively recent memory was wakfu. s3 looked gay, didnt watch.
mysterious ladybug would have been getter if they stuck to 2d animootion. cgi get out reeee
nobody in the animation industry isnt a turbo sicko.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 pm
loud house fandom is as good as you expect (not at all)
i have a soft spot for french faux-anime from when i used to watch totally spies and code lyoko.
but the only one i watched in relatively recent memory was wakfu. s3 looked gay, didnt watch.
mysterious ladybug would have been getter if they stuck to 2d animootion. cgi get out reeee
Ugh, I knew it. It’s why I tread carefully to avoid creepy shit like fan art. Although I did find a funny image from the show when searching for the unidentified special needs child Dale photo from King of the Hill.

Those French and Italian shows were pretty okay I admit. They were the bookend on that period before Cartoon Network went full short bus in the mid 00s. I definitely agree about the 2D animation, I did some reading and apparently that’s what the creator had in mind, the style was like French comic books in a way. He also has a photo of himself wearing a wig like the main girl so you might be right about the sicko thing.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:39 pm

one of the sailor moon directors (Ikuhara) used to cosplay as one of the sailor scouts. theres a picture of him cosplaying with mamoru nagano.
(bringing it up because sm was mentioned)

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:39 pm
one of the sailor moon directors (Ikuhara) used to cosplay as one of the sailor scouts. theres a picture of him cosplaying with mamoru nagano.
Pretty autistic, dude. And I ain't talking about the Jap.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Guest wrote:
Looking neat in 2d, actually.
Apparently they wanted to do 2d first, but struggled with the polka dots in animation.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:30 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:24 pm
Guest wrote:
Looking neat in 2d, actually.
Apparently they wanted to do 2d first, but struggled with the polka dots in animation.
Agreed. I think it would be charming in that style. It’s like Toriyama and how much he regretted Cell’s design due to having to draw all the spots right.

Okay now I know why this show is on the brain, kid has the French and Korean themes in her music. Pretty catchy I admit.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:23 am

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:47 pm
Guest wrote:
autism = knowing things
okay

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:23 am
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
autism = knowing things
okay
autism = bringing random, irrelevant shit about cross-dressing cosplay animu directors into a conversation because someone compared a frog show to Sailor Moon

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:19 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:21 pm
Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:23 am
Guest wrote:

autism = knowing things
okay
autism = bringing random, irrelevant shit about cross-dressing cosplay animu directors into a conversation because someone compared a frog show to Sailor Moon
Actual Lee it’s not irrelevant, seeing as I mentioned the frog character was dressed as his character.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:59 am

Started rewatching Dan Vs, goddamn this show is wonderful. Dan would totally be a DHI member and swear vengeance on INs.