"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Or better yet cancel the show. Heard they now how the show's going to end at like Season 32 or something. Hopefully. The actors seem as tired and played out as the show itself.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:07 pm

They'll probably have to cancel it sooner or later. They might replace side-characters with fresh blood, but replacing one of the main Simpsons because the iconic VA croaked is a whole different story.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:12 pm

The fact that Disney got their four-fingered white gloves on The Simpsons is the cause of the white purge. It also means they probably have new plans for the show.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:14 pm

I would appreciate a sequel series centered around Carl Carlson, as he struggles to earn money for his family while Chief Wiggum keeps harassing him.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:21 pm

They should've had new plans for the show ten years ago. Homer still working at a power plant or whatever. If they can incorporate modern technology, can't he permanently have him work somewhere else. I've seen a couple of episodes where he went to ther jobs keeping it somewhat fresh (I personally liked that Great Phatsby episode) but still.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:54 pm

Hopefully Hollywood will no longer have Jews playing the role of White people.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:25 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:21 pm
They should've had new plans for the show ten years ago. Homer still working at a power plant or whatever. If they can incorporate modern technology, can't he permanently have him work somewhere else.
That would change the status quo. You don't change the status quo in a baka gajin cartoon, not even after 30+ seasons.

(Though it is ironic how this ever-pandering show still has one of the main protagonist earn his money with one of the "evil" forms of energy known to man.)
-Yours Truly

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:32 am

I realize that Twitter is stupid and full of crazy people, but I find it interesting that in these stories about white voice actors either regretting their pan-racial old roles, or quitting their series entirely, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE supports this. I'm sure that I'm missing something, but I have yet to see a single tweet from a longtime fan of "Family Guy" who's been upset that a white guy played a black character for years and is now enjoying justice finally served. No, this was NEVER a controversy. It only became a sensitive issue about three days ago.

I've also yet to see a single black or Hispanic or Asian person who gives a shit.

This is probably my favorite tweet about this very important issue:

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:57 am

Isn't that the whole point of VOICE acting? It allows someone to play a role that would not otherwise be available to them? Seems pretty regressive if you start segregating that.

Also, I always found it ironic that Apu was the uhhhhffensive one, simply because some unfunny punjab comedian tried to make a name for himself. Almost every Simpsons character is a caricature. I don't see any rednecks getting triggered by Cletus. At least Apu is a successful businessman and family man. If anything, the minorities are much better represented on that show (Carl, Dr Hibbert, Lou).

But whatever. The show's been dead since 2001. Hopefully this will be the final nail in the coffin.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:51 pm

Lindsay's Liver wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:32 am
It's almost like virtue-signaling is more important to these people than actual problem-solving :thinking:
Guest wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:57 am
Isn't that the whole point of VOICE acting? It allows someone to play a role that would not otherwise be available to them? Seems pretty regressive if you start segregating that.
They love segregating shit, and they're so far up in their identity politics that they find it offensive for someone to play as something else. Which is extra ironic if you consider trannies.
-Yours Truly