"Cartoons"

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Tony Schiavone

Re: "Cartoons"

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:12 pm

I'm not talking minimalism. It's the sort of thing where someone took a doodle and said--"yup, let's animate that."
Hannah Barbara had gorgeous background and nice detail in some of their work. Just because they saved on costs doesn't mean their quality sucked. Gennedy's stuff never sucked. He knew how to produce something like looked like a finished product.

Current Year cartoons look just like they animated the paper test flips and called it a day. Nothing like the figure art detail you see at the end of 90s Spider-Man episode credits.
The line work of the Centurians. Not even the bright colorful detail of A Pup Named Scooby Doo.

It's telling that this looks leagues above the latest Cartoon Network vomit.

...and still: Spoony did nothing.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:09 pm

I betcha a lot of the old cartoonists would've murdered for the fancy tools we have in Current Year. A shame they're used by lazy fucks.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

RAPEMAN
Supreme Shitposter

Post by RAPEMAN » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:50 pm

I miss when cartoons still had jingles as their openers.
SpoilerShow
EVERY POST I HAVE EVER MADE HERE IS SATIRE. I DO NOT CONDONE NOR SUPPORT ANY OF THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ON THIS FORUM.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:03 pm

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:50 pm
I miss when cartoons still had jingles as their openers.
Nothing has jingles anymore.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:10 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:42 pm
Ren and Stimpy's animation was great for television quality animation. From what I heard and what little I've seen while it looks okay in stills, but in motion not so much. Plus the only time the animation really shines is that Rubberhose thing from the movie. Otherwise it's just ok. It's not bland like those flash animated Cucknadian imported shows but it's not nu-Spongebob tier.
Say one more word about What’s With Andy and I’ll make you bite the curb nigger.

Now that we cleared that up, Gendy is dope.

Also Ruby Spears Megaman is Megalol, he wanted to fuck Roll but Light stopped him.

BenComicGraphics

Post by BenComicGraphics » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:20 pm

I knew an animator that worked on ripping friends. He said working for John k was a nightmare.

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:10 pm
Moe Bitches wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:42 pm
Ren and Stimpy's animation was great for television quality animation. From what I heard and what little I've seen while it looks okay in stills, but in motion not so much. Plus the only time the animation really shines is that Rubberhose thing from the movie. Otherwise it's just ok. It's not bland like those flash animated Cucknadian imported shows but it's not nu-Spongebob tier.
Say one more word about What’s With Andy and I’ll make you bite the curb nigger.

Now that we cleared that up, Gendy is dope.

Also Ruby Spears Megaman is Megalol, he wanted to fuck Roll but Light stopped him.
But that wasn't flash animated and the show was fine from what I can remember since it's been so long since I watched it. I mean shit along the lines of Almost Naked Animals, Grojband, Kid Vs Kat, Spliced and other similar stuff.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:11 pm

The NFL will be broadcast on Nickelodeon in a bid to attract younger fans

A "separately produced telecast" of an additional wild card game will air on Nickelodeon on Sunday in an attempt to reach younger audiences.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:21 pm

NFL? Do kids even watch Niggerlodeon anymore?

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:27 pm

Idea: what if instead of the NFL Nickelodeon hosted football games played by little girls who were barefoot. Whose with me?!