Books

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Books

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:44 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:59 am
Liking Ready Player One is like the literary version of danger hair. I'd hate to share a room with an unironical fan.
Still more sperging because I forgot somethingShow
Or fuck it, do at least a bit of research and have your clever D&D riddle be about Castle Greyhawk, Gary Gygax' fabled homebrew playtest megadungeon that was often talked about, but never really publlished in its original incarnation (no matter how often they'd release stuff with "Castle Greyhawk" written on it). Dude could've even tied this into the story if the bloke who made these riddles also had some kind of hidden/lost creation.
Dude, the book is just "Remember [pop culture thing]?". He only expects you to have heard of it and nothing more.
Like if you'd say "Yo, the AK-47 is the best gun, right?" and expect /noguns/ kiddies that played Counter Strike to agree because it kills in one head shot in that game and you feel like you're super hip because of that shallow knowledge.
You don't know or expect anyone else to know that even the AK in CS:GO is actually an AKM, that basically nobody uses an actual AK-47, that it's not all that great of a rifle or what the fuck the difference between the two and an AK-74 is.

Yes, it would only take you about 5 minutes of research to find out. But why do that when you can instead use those five minutes to pump out fifteen more super shallow pop culture references in the hopes of overwhelming the audience so they don't pay attention to how superficial your knowledge is?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:38 pm

Yeah, I'm probably thinking way harder about this than the esteemed author ever did.

And I wonder if Ready Player Two will feature obvious straw men for the various "haters" that refuse to realize his genius. He strikes me as the type of petty nobody that would just do that :thinking:
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:12 pm

Ernesto Klein wrote a book about "nerd" poetry. Pussy ass christcuck bitch nigga Kike Nelson refused to recite it in public. There are sex poems.

Musical Space Cowboy

Post by Musical Space Cowboy » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:38 pm
And I wonder if Ready Player Two will feature obvious straw men for the various "haters" that refuse to realize his genius. He strikes me as the type of petty nobody that would just do that :thinking:
I remember reading somewhere that he got pretty assmad that people didn't like his second book, so it wouldn't surprise me if the hack fraud throws in strawmen.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:59 pm

Musical Space Cowboy wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:49 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:38 pm
I remember reading somewhere that he got pretty assmad that people didn't like his second book, so it wouldn't surprise me if the hack fraud throws in strawmen.
Armada was published four years after RPO. I think the spell on at least most of the normalfags who bought RPO wore off and they were able to see Ernest Cline for the hackfraus faggot he always was.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:54 pm

Wikipedia wrote:Armada is a science fiction novel by Ernest Cline, published on July 14, 2015 by Crown Publishing Group (a division of Penguin Random House). The story follows a teenager who plays an online video game about defending against an alien invasion, only to find out that the game is a simulator to prepare him and people around the world for defending against an actual alien invasion.
This... is literally The Last Starfighter, except in shit :|
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:28 pm

Holy shit. It is the Last Starfighter. :lol: Even when Nippon did something similar like with Megaranger they changed it up.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:47 am

I'm currently attempting to read House of Leaves again. This time I'll soldier on and finish it. Thus far I find it at least more tolerable so there's that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:27 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:54 pm
Wikipedia wrote:Armada is a science fiction novel by Ernest Cline, published on July 14, 2015 by Crown Publishing Group (a division of Penguin Random House). The story follows a teenager who plays an online video game about defending against an alien invasion, only to find out that the game is a simulator to prepare him and people around the world for defending against an actual alien invasion.
This... is literally The Last Starfighter, except in shit :|
Isn't it also Ender's Game?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Could be. I mean, why just stop at ripping off one thing?
-Yours Truly