Books

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Books

Post by Rushy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:36 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:40 am
I know they will completely ignore Baron Linkara enjoying getting dicked down in a female body. I'm just saying they shouldn't and I'd love to see the leftards that read the books uncomfortably try to ignore it as hard as they can.
I'm much more excited for Based Duncan sexually enslaving a dominatrix, and how the Bene Gesserit restore 13-year old Miles Teg's memories by traumatising him with molestation.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:01 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:20 am
Wanted to know more about Ixians or get more politics? Too bad, here's fuck witches and butch dikes cumming in their pants watching Duncan climb a wall.
Frank's son seemed to think along the same lines, since the Dune prequels are basically nothing but politics and character drama.
Of the 15+ books he's written thus far, only two are set after Paul's era, and I'm 100% convinced that he only wrote them out of a sense of obligation, to provide an ending for the series.

I'd recommend checking them out, but only if you don't mind losing the esoteric weirdness and depth of Frank's style. Brian's a safe pair of hands kind of writer, who will probably spend the rest of his life producing comfort zone Dune novels about the Atreides-Harkonnen-Corrino houses plotting against one another.

They're not lazily made, but it's kind of like if Stephen King wrote a new Lord of the Rings book every year. A good page turner, but not special or experimental like the originals.
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:39 am

Yeah, maybe I will give those Dune novels a try one day but so far I am still sick of fhe universe.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:00 am

Stephen King is largely a fucking hackfraud, outside of The Shining.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:56 am

University professor of mine said the Dune sequels written by the son were some of the worst science fiction he has ever read.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:25 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:33 pm
Suspiciously völkisch selection, guest.
wanted to know more about the vikings since they impacted most of europe and even beyond. And when I study something I just dont go with 1 or 2 books I need to know every major thing. Its not like my entire collection is pagan volklore this is just the new flavor of the month.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:42 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:56 am
University professor of mine said the Dune sequels written by the son were some of the worst science fiction he has ever read.
He's not wrong. The sequels are a great display of Brian's limitations as a writer - he couldn't wrap his head around all the weird shit Frank tried to pull at the end, so he brought it down to a level he can understand, which made them a wet fart of a climax as a result.

But the Dune prequels never aim that high. They're written around the milestone events, not trying to be one.
Kugelfisch wrote:

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Rushy wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:01 am
They're not lazily made, but it's kind of like if Stephen King wrote a new Lord of the Rings book every year. A good page turner, but not special or experimental like the originals.
As long as they include Hobbit gangbangs, I'm all for it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:15 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:00 am
Stephen King is largely a fucking hackfraud, outside of The Shining.
I always found it funny how King hated Stanley Kubrick's film adaptation and ended up making a shittier TV mini-series version as a result.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:17 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:44 pm
Hobbit gangbangs
The Silmarillion got weird towards the end.