Books

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Books

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:54 pm

The Wheel of Time one I can at least understand in theory, since the novel series has actually ended years ago (so they won't run into HBO's problem of literally running out of shit to adapt).
The LotR one is bound to be a dumpster fire since it's mostly fanfiction.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:57 pm

It's bound to be a dumpster because they don't 'get' Tolkien, they're trying to be woke and they're trying to copy Game of Thrones.

It's ironic. Back in the 2000s when Lord of the Rings was a big success, everybody tried to copy Lord of the Rings, and you got these bland, derivative Lord of the Rings rip-offs. Sometimes you got fantasy films that could have been good if the studio didn't just want their own Lord of the Rings style high fantasy success instead

Now Game of Thrones is a big success and everybody's trying to copy Game of Thrones, and you've got exactly the same thing. Even Lord of the Rings is trying to copy Game of Thrones when it was Game of Thrones that copied Lord of the Rings in the first place.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:57 pm
It's ironic. Back in the 2000s when Lord of the Rings was a big success, everybody tried to copy Lord of the Rings, and you got these bland, derivative Lord of the Rings rip-offs. Sometimes you got fantasy films that could have been good if the studio didn't just want their own Lord of the Rings style high fantasy success instead
Yeah, I remember the dark times when every group of heroes had to dramatically stroll over a mountain range, and even fairy tale adaptations needed a big, dumb battle/siege.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:58 pm

Reading is for faggots.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:58 pm
Reading is for faggots.
I take it you're a big reader, then?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:33 am

Seems the Woke of Time adaptation is going full diversity, with every place having as many different ethnicities as possible.
For all its faults, I think Gay of Thrones dodged a bullet here. If it was released just a few years later, half of the Northmen would be as black as the uniform of the Night's Watch.

I think it is safe to predict that the LotR series will feature black and Chinese elves, especially if they ever cover the Elven homeland (because it is a more enlightened and prosperous place than Middle-Earth).
Expect plenty of online articles about the problematic ramifications of elves and their skin tones throughout various media.
-Yours Truly

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:34 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:33 am
For all its faults, I think Gay of Thrones dodged a bullet here. If it was released just a few years later, half of the Northmen would be as black as the uniform of the Night's Watch.
Gay of Thrones still tried to shoehorn in as many black people as possible. I think the difference is not only the timing but the fact that Martin is still alive to contribute to the series, whereas Robert Jordan died before the books could even be completed.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:27 pm

I haven't watched GoT since the dreadful train wreck final season, but I really can't remember any shoehorned black characters in it, what did they shoehorn in was female stonkness during the last seasons (and removed sex & nudity because muh fomole representation). The dragon lady had a black army, but that made sense as they came from negro lands.

The GoT season one definitely couldn't happen in current year, no production company would have balls to go with its white only cast (except the Dothraki - who were portrayed as savages). In the GoT of the current year, half of the Starks would be negroes and asians, all the men would be incompetent fools whereas all the women incredibly stonk and wissse etc (how it actually was in the final season, now that I think about it. You are Muh Kween! Arya saying Sansa "is the smartest person I know", despite having NO REASON AT ALL to hold such opinion - what the fuck was so smart that she did in the whole series? Got beaten up and raped?).
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:45 pm

Also the Ironborn would be all black, since SJWs have a fetish of fulling anything vaguely viking-like with black people. Black northmen are also a given, since the people there are generally from an earlier wave of colonizers, not the more recent ones.
Though in the actual show, there weren't really non-white people where you didn't expect them to be.

Female empowerment, on the other hand? Uuuh boy.
  • The Waifu of Dragons becoming some kind of "Might makes right" nutjob because "Fuck you, I have dragons" (then again that was kind of a thing early on; it just became more retarded in the last season)
  • The Hound needing to be motivated by the stunning bravery of Loli Mormont, who bravely killed a zombie giant through what I can only describe as assisted suicide
  • Arya becoming a ninja and kill stealing from her brother, because who better use to end the most long-running plotline in the entire series than a character who never came in touch with it?
  • Sansa out-keikakuing Littlefinger because fuck it, we ran out of shit for that guy to do
And all for nothing, ultimately. Aside from the strange "Daenerys did nothing wrong"-crowd, most people where busy whining and bitching about Daenerys' favorite slave girl getting beheaded. I blame the yuri shippers.
-Yours Truly

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:29 pm

The best idiocy from Gay of Hoes has to be the Onion Knight telling the eunuch nigger to "start his own House" on some available lands.