Books

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
pibbs

Re: Books

Post by pibbs » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:10 pm

Michael J Nelson (MST3K) and one of the writers from Rifftrax have a book club podcast, and their first book was Ready Player One. They destroy Cline and his book. Give it a try. Later when the movie came out Rifftrax did a commentary with many references from the podcast. Funny stuff.

http://372pages.com/page/9

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:40 pm

You mean 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back?
Cuckara wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:05 pm
Oh hey, I was trying to find Wil reading the worst parts of Ready Player One (e.g., the part where the protagonist rants about religion), and I discovered there's a German audiobook (tragically, not read by Wil Wheaton). For Kugel and Voice:

That is not a voice I'd like to listen to for 8 hours. And what's up with the audio quality? I heard better from cassettes in the 90s.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:55 pm

Maybe that's on purpose. Duuuude, remember cassette tapes? The nostalgia, dude! Only 90s kids remember LOLZ!
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:06 pm

I fucking hate 90's kids or really entitled niggers.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:19 pm

The difference between good sounding German and bad must really be subtle then.

Fun fact: I took German in college, and couldn't get the accent right until one day after once again the Prof. tells me I'm not getting it right. So in frustration I thought "Fuck it. Do Hitler."

Prof. lit up, "That's it! Very good!" Or however you say that in German. I remember nothing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 pm

pibbs wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:19 pm
Not really. Then again, I can't tell American accents apart unless they are very extreme. Brooklyn, Boston, Midwestern, California all sound the same to me.
pibbs wrote:
Fun fact: I took German in college, and couldn't get the accent right until one day after once again the Prof. tells me I'm not getting it right.
Anglos generally don't. For some reason you guys always attempt some weird French accent, even down to ending words with silent letters. Unlike the French, we don't put additional letters at the end of words for shits and giggles.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:45 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:55 pm
Maybe that's on purpose. Duuuude, remember cassette tapes? The nostalgia, dude! Only 90s kids remember LOLZ!
My Walmart apparently sells audio cassette tape. Just tape, I didn't see actual cassettes.

pibbs

Post by pibbs » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:06 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 pm
Unlike the French, we don't put additional letters at the end of words for shits and giggles.

No, you fuckers don't know how to divide compound words up.
Real German words:
.Lebensabschnittpartner

Unabhaengigkeitserklaerungen

Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften

Siebentausendzweihundertvierundfünfzig = 7,254

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:53 am

pibbs wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:10 pm
Michael J Nelson (MST3K) and one of the writers from Rifftrax have a book club podcast, and their first book was Ready Player One. They destroy Cline and his book. Give it a try. Later when the movie came out Rifftrax did a commentary with many references from the podcast. Funny stuff.

http://372pages.com/page/9
Can't wait to waste hours listening to woke Wisconsin faggots.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:12 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 pm
Anglos generally don't. For some reason you guys always attempt some weird French accent, even down to ending words with silent letters. Unlike the French, we don't put additional letters at the end of words for shits and giggles.
Either French if they want the German to sound faggy, or some kind of Russian-esque thing. Burgers are really confused when it comes to white Eurasian accents, which is pretty strange considering that's where most of them are from.
pibbs wrote:
Just try to sound like this:
SpoilerShow

(Couldn't find a cleaner version. Stupid background music.)
This is also almost beyond reproach:
SpoilerShow
Or you could try for an authentic dialect:
SpoilerShow
pibbs wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:06 am
Siebentausendzweihundertvierundfünfzig = 7,254
Not gonna lie, I was confused as fuck when I first had numbers in elementary school. You know how at least the Gay of Thrones book would often have people say out numbers in a weird way (42 -> two-and-forty)? That's how we do it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette