Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
User avatar
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 4429
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:58 pm
Location: W. WA, USA

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:00 am

Heroes... wow, haven't heard anyone talk about that one in a long time.
I've heard the 1st season was good and it fell off a cliff immediately after that. It was another one of those mystery box shows that teased a bunch of cool stuff coming that they never paid off properly because they didn't know what they were doing.
CURRENTLY BLOCKED BY: Nostalgia Chick, Todd in the Shadows, JesuOtaku, Linkara, MarzGurl, DC Douglas, Spoony, Suede

User avatar
Guest

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:51 am

Heroes' decline is usually blamed on the 2008 writer's strike. Im sure that's just a symptom of many problems. Heroes was the only mystery box shitshow I ever followed but I was a kid when it came out and couldn't really tell you the decline.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:52 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:00 am
Heroes... wow, haven't heard anyone talk about that one in a long time.
I've heard the 1st season was good and it fell off a cliff immediately after that. It was another one of those mystery box shows that teased a bunch of cool stuff coming that they never paid off properly because they didn't know what they were doing.
Wow, I only saw the first episode and thought it sucked.
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:45 pm
The old version was a Star Wars-minus the Force ripoff but in a way that worked. It was goofy and fun about the struggles of humanity to get to Earth. Supposedly had Mormon themes in it. Anyways, it didn't last too long and had its own mythology. Not great by any means but not terrible and still unique and cool enough to be popular in reruns.

The new version was done by SyFy, which meant it was crap. Took a family friendly kiddie show into muh-serious land.


At least back then the cast of the original were shitting on the reboot when it was announced. (Richard Hatch changed his tune once he was hired on the reboot, though.) When they reboot something now, everyone either pretends the new one is great or don't say anything.

User avatar
Tony Schiavone
Posts: 2303
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Tony Schiavone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:59 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:00 am
Heroes... wow, haven't heard anyone talk about that one in a long time.
I've heard the 1st season was good and it fell off a cliff immediately after that. It was another one of those mystery box shows that teased a bunch of cool stuff coming that they never paid off properly because they didn't know what they were doing.
I remember everyone loving the Jap, because the salaryman angle in Japan at least felt like an anime. Of course, that only lasted the pilot.
I heard "Save the cheerleader, save the world" just ended up being disappointing, as expected.

Is it too hard to just come up with more prophecies after you fulfill the first one? Isnt that the point of being/having an oracle?
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:05 am

The Prisoner was the only show that got away with disregarding its mystery boxes and just fucking off.

User avatar
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter
Posts: 23341
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:51 am
Heroes' decline is usually blamed on the 2008 writer's strike. Im sure that's just a symptom of many problems. Heroes was the only mystery box shitshow I ever followed but I was a kid when it came out and couldn't really tell you the decline.
That's just their excuse. They fucked themselves up as soon as they came up with the time-traveling herbivore man.
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:59 am
Is it too hard to just come up with more prophecies after you fulfill the first one? Isnt that the point of being/having an oracle?
Her health comes first :3
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Cucked in the name of Soy, Ye not complicit.

User avatar
Guest

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:24 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:05 am
The Prisoner was the only show that got away with disregarding its mystery boxes and just fucking off.
The Prisoner can never hold a candle to Double Team.



Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests