Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri May 15, 2020 1:47 am

Been watching TNG - I'm still midway thru the first season and I know from reading on here that those are the bad episodes, but one thing I kind of like is how confident Roddenberry was as a showrunner. Like, he had no problem just slowing down and focusing on world building and character interaction - and that slow pace can be an issue, but I kind of admire it.
BloodKnightDollfie wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:59 am
I am 6 feet tall and tower above these manlets and Chinese women are throwing their pussy at me as I type these words just for citizenship.

Kugelfisch
Eternal Shitposter

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 15, 2020 8:14 am

The first two seasons are a slog. Just many really bad episodes. If I remember correctly (unlikely) the second one is overall worse.
SpoilerShow
Psalm 137:9

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Fri May 15, 2020 1:39 pm

I haven't seen much of the second TNG season, but I remember the first being just kind of awkward - I didn't hate the stories, but just the aesthetic with the OG uniforms and the interactions between the cast felt stiff and artificial. But there are some gems, like the Q episodes

Kugelfisch
Eternal Shitposter

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Rushy wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:39 pm
I haven't seen much of the second TNG season, but I remember the first being just kind of awkward - I didn't hate the stories, but just the aesthetic with the OG uniforms and the interactions between the cast felt stiff and artificial. But there are some gems, like the Q episodes
Neither of the two are all shit. It's just that one is so used to Riker with beard era seasons that it's a bit jarring to re-visit the early seasons. You can see they hadn't really figured stuff out entirely.
SpoilerShow

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Fri May 15, 2020 2:21 pm

I definitely admire the 'hangout movie' vibe of S1 - it's just clear the show's got room to grow.
BloodKnightDollfie wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:59 am
I am 6 feet tall and tower above these manlets and Chinese women are throwing their pussy at me as I type these words just for citizenship.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat May 16, 2020 2:50 am

I've been watching a lot of TV lately as there's nothing to do.

I used to love Knight Rider as a kid. I even met KITT at Universal Studios. I've heard people say the show sucked and didn't age well. But I've been watching it lately and I still think it's great. They just don't make TV like this anymore as far as I know. It seems like all the exteriors are shot on location and not on shitty soundstages. There are lots of car stunts and action scenes in every episode.

It was a simple, yet effective formula. I can't understand why these multiple attempts to bring the show back always deviated from the formula. They all sucked.

I was looking for Knight Rider content on YouTube and I found this.

Germans commercials can be as weird as the Japanese sometimes.
CURRENTLY BLOCKED BY: Nostalgia Chick, Todd in the Shadows, JesuOtaku, Linkara, MarzGurl, DC Douglas, Spoony

Moe Bitches

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat May 16, 2020 3:05 am

That banned Turtles pickle commercial is all the evidence i needed for that statement.
"I just feel that stating an obvious joke could get tired sometimes so I try to make something else out of it to the point where it's not a joke, rendering it not funny. It is no joke to be blind/seeing nothing but darkness."

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat May 16, 2020 3:32 am

Oh, check out this scene where Archie Bunker reviews Godzilla.
They don't make sitcoms like this anymore either.
https://youtu.be/BqmUZFgmjHg?t=203
CURRENTLY BLOCKED BY: Nostalgia Chick, Todd in the Shadows, JesuOtaku, Linkara, MarzGurl, DC Douglas, Spoony

Kugelfisch
Eternal Shitposter

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 16, 2020 3:37 am

The synchronisation is way worse than the actual show ever was. But I'd have to lie to say I didn't laugh a couple of times through that commercial. David Hasselhoff is a patriot saint at this point. Bless the guy!
SpoilerShow

Moe Bitches

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat May 16, 2020 3:39 am

It's better in 240p to go with the great cheesiness.
"I just feel that stating an obvious joke could get tired sometimes so I try to make something else out of it to the point where it's not a joke, rendering it not funny. It is no joke to be blind/seeing nothing but darkness."