Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Rapeculture

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:48 am

The storytelling was getting real fucking sloppy in Ash Vs. Evil Dead. I had a hard time caring about very much of what was going on, Ruby sucked ass as the big bad, and also Liar Revealed's criticism of the game of hot potato with the dagger and book and everyone and their grandma getting possessed at some point.

I loved the gore and Bruce was great as always. Better than the Walking Dead, but what isn't these days?
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:06 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:45 am
I've never even seen a second of that show, nor do I know anything about it by proxy. The title alone lets me know everything I need to know; I shouldn't watch that show.
I've seen bits and pieces of it. Didn't care for it.
Horror and "comedic" horror is the most bugman focused genre out there. Gay shit for nerds of the lowest form. Makes me sick.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:18 am

Rapeculture wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:48 am
The storytelling was getting real fucking sloppy in Ash Vs. Evil Dead.
The penultimate episode finally started showing us some more serious shit going down. I wish this would have been the first episode of this season. I just can't see them finishing all this in one more episode. It will really piss me off if it ends in a cliffhanger.
And this dropped:
Bruce Campbell wrote:Good people, Evil Dead fans everywhere, I bid you a heartfelt farewell playing Ash - the character I took acting lessons with for 39 years.

I am hereby retiring from that portrayal. It’s time. I followed Ash from his formative years thru his mid-life crisis and decline. What a thrill! What a privilege!

We had a great resurgence with the help of Starz (kudos not jeers, folks). They made it possible for 15 more hours of Evil Dead-ness in your life - the equivalent of 10 more features!

Is Ash dead? Never. Ash is as much a concept as a person. Where there is evil in this world, there must be one to counter - man or woman, it matters not.

Thanks for watching.

Love,

Bruce
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:57 pm

So the next Evil Dead will have an Ashley?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:37 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:57 pm
So the next Evil Dead will have an Ashley?
They already did it, though I'm not surprised you've forgotten. Everybody else already has.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:37 pm

The reboot had a lady Ash way back in 2013. No sequel dough because they had to do the shitty series to show off how awesome illegal immigrants are.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:28 am

So the Ash Vs. Evil Dead finale was interesting. It might have fans very divided though.
I liked how things were finally all wrapped up. I can accept this as an ending.

However, the very end of the episode is very similar to the original, non-American ending of Army of Darkness. In both cases, I think it was just as joke, but some people are going to go crazy and want to see this "new storyline" tease followed up on. I'm sure the comic book companies will do this.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Tue May 01, 2018 1:27 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:02 pm
Don't forget Little House on the Prairie. If that even counts as a sitcom.
Nah, that was a one-hour drama show. I could go on forever about that show. It has a saccharine sweet reputation that is undeserved. It was actually often really dark. I heard that the ratings on those "heavy" episodes went through the roof so they just kept making more.
There were multiple dead baby episodes. Here's two:

The evil clown rapist episode
I think Fonzie might be the biggest American TV character whose references Germans will never get.
Happy Days was actually a really good show for the first two seasons. After that, they changed the whole production to a live-studio audience format and it was ruined. Check out those 39 episodes and drop it hard after that.
It looks like All in the Family and The Jeffersons did air in Germany.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Tue May 01, 2018 4:24 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:28 am
So the Ash Vs. Evil Dead finale was interesting. It might have fans very divided though.
I liked how things were finally all wrapped up. I can accept this as an ending.

However, the very end of the episode is very similar to the original, non-American ending of Army of Darkness. In both cases, I think it was just as joke, but some people are going to go crazy and want to see this "new storyline" tease followed up on. I'm sure the comic book companies will do this.
Evil Dead does have quite a history with comics in general, so yeah, it is HIGHLY likely that we'll see something from someone soon enough. I'm not sure who holds the license currently, though.
SpoilerShow
Ending was something else. I was highly amused at how similar it was to not only the alternate ending of Army of Darkness, but also to the ending of Phantasm Ravager, very odd. The cyborg chick at fhe end is apparently named Lexx, possibly a reference to that crazy Cucknadian sci-fi show from the late 90's/early 2000's.

I honestly thought Ash was going to die in the finale, and that his version of heaven was going to resemble Jacksonville and his dad and sister were going to be there.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 01, 2018 10:55 am

Might look at Happy Days one day just to see what all the fuss is about.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:27 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:02 pm
Don't forget Little House on the Prairie. If that even counts as a sitcom.
Nah, that was a one-hour drama show. I could go on forever about that show. It has a saccharine sweet reputation that is undeserved. It was actually often really dark. I heard that the ratings on those "heavy" episodes went through the roof so they just kept making more.
One of the few plot nuggets I can recall about the show revolves around one of the daughters having to go to the big city for some operation (cancer or something?), and one where they had to get some guns to defend themselves from bandits or something. Not particularly saccharine.
It looks like All in the Family and The Jeffersons did air in Germany.
My memory about old TV shows from the 70s might be a bit spotty tbh.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette