Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:11 pm

They even had an in-universe Sherlock fangirl fantasize about them secretly becoming butt buddies when Sherlock faked his death.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Sherlock is just..... awful.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:20 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:57 am
Apparently BBC Moriarity was super gay for Sherlock and killed himself in the 1st season when they couldn't become butt buddies, but has been the villain for the past 3 seasons through a series of YouTube videos he shot before he died. I kid you not.
Sounds like the Saw dilemma: killing off your main villain before realizing you'll need him for umpteen sequels so you throw together some ridiculous plan that was put in motion before their death.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:10 am

Was getting killed part of your plan?

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:20 pm

Das Boot (2018)

I watched the two first episodes of this new 8-episode series which is not really a remake nor really a sequel. I don't even know what it tries to be, some WW2 German submarine thriller named after the classic series to maximise its attractiveness, maybe? Is it in the same league with the original Das Boot? Of course it isn't, not anywhere near even. Much of the dialogue is insipid and stiff, the acting ranges from mediocre to horrible and characters are hollow. What mainly made the original Das Boot great was the characters who felt like real humans and their believable relationships. Here at least two high-ranking superiors are stereotypical fascist-robots who fanatically and blindly follow orders because Nazis = evil, right. The crew is in a constant state of arguing and there's this very artificial power struggle between the two highest officers in command. Very realistic considering U-boat crew supposed to consist of well-trained highly competent professionals. :roll:

The worst aspect, however, was that this is only half-Das Boot. There's a major subplot involving one crew member's (who's secretly a member of some anti-Nazi resistance) sister on the land and she gets involved with the acts of the resistance (which is lead by a woman btw :lol:) and so we have 4 major female parts shoehorned in Das Boot, bravo! It's not really even a subplot, at least during the first two episodes the resistance nonsense takes more screen time than the "main plot", they are really two parallel storylines. Every time events shifted from the sub to the land I felt like "blaahhh". When I watch series called "DAS BOOT" I don't want to see womyn or anti-Nazi resistance BS, I demand to see Wasserbomben, a proper U-Boot-Krieg and kickass underwater suspense. Still.. I'm ready to give this series one more chance. If episode 3 won't deliver, then hell with this shit.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:51 pm

why make a das boot reboot, of all things
i had no idea this existed until just now

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:29 pm

Because it's a well-known name. And supposedly it is a sequel that takes place a couple months after the first, but this probably doesn't matter.

Having half of the show set on land is pretty lame IMO. A big appeal of sub movies compared to most other war flicks is the crew's isolation with pretty much everything else that isn't a target (or a ship that can fuck their shit up real good).

And since this is a modern German anti-war production, I except to see uneccessary romance bullshit. I can almost guarantee that one of the female protagonists has a husbando she thinks has fallen on the front or something, with him of course returning at the most inconvenient moment for her (aka after she started to bang his best friend or some soldier from the other side).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:39 pm

Welcome to modern year. There won't be another Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers that follows just the men in combat. No, now we have to devote half the runtime to wives and mothers and girlfriends at home, where their bravery is far superior to those ignorant cavemen playing war.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:27 pm

Guest wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:39 pm
Welcome to modern year. There won't be another Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers that follows just the men in combat. No, now we have to devote half the runtime to wives and mothers and girlfriends at home, where their bravery is far superior to those ignorant cavemen playing war.
Or inflate--if not outright invent--the role women soldiers had in those wars, because of their courage stuck between two worlds.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:42 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:29 pm
Having half of the show set on land is pretty lame IMO. A big appeal of sub movies compared to most other war flicks is the crew's isolation with pretty much everything else that isn't a target (or a ship that can fuck their shit up real good).
Can you recommend some good ones(shows, movies, whichever)? I love the isolation gimmick, there's always potential for some interesting psychological dilemmas and such.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.