Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat May 16, 2020 3:38 pm

edit it faggot
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat May 16, 2020 3:48 pm

I'm not drunk enough for that atm.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat May 16, 2020 3:58 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:03 pm
Even Cheers? That's one that I'd probably like if the old way of making sitcoms didn't bug me.
I think that maybe I was too young for that show. It didn't appeal to me; it was just a bunch of people in a bar talking. Not something a kid could relate to.
It probably didn't help that by the time I started watching it, the show was in its final seasons, which I assume aren't as good.

There were a lot of the "grown up" shows that my parents watched that I couldn't get into, mostly dramas. Stuff like Dallas or any of the Aaron Spelling shows.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat May 16, 2020 5:10 pm

Same. Like with Always Sunny, the Sopranos and others. It wasn't until I got into my teens where I started to appreciate those shows.

When it first came out, I thought it was just people at a bar as well, but as I got older it was a whole lot better.

With Sopranos when it was still on, my parents would naturally tell me to hit the road, particularly during the sex scenes. So the only thing I really got out of the Sopranos during that era was that shitty PS2 game that I still have.

By the time I actually started to enjoy/watch the show, it was a couple of years after the finale.

Couldn't get into Hunter, some Adult Swim shows, Curb nor Seinfeld, and many others until I got older.

The only reason I got into South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy and the like because cartoons I guess?
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat May 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:10 pm
Couldn't get into Hunter
Wow, are you talking about this old show by any chance?

Yeah, I didn't really watch it either, but I always thought it was hilarious that his name was Rick Hunter, just like the Robotech character. Hunter was serious tabloid fodder as Fred Dreyer was apparently an egomaniac that took control over the show. The had a "very special episode" where his female co-star got raped. I guess it got good ratings because Dreyer wanted her to get raped again (and again?) so she quit the show.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 16, 2020 6:28 pm

Moe Bitches wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:19 pm
I wanna find the versions without laugh tra.cks.
Well, they aren't in English so what's the point?
But I'll have to say one of the funniest things I've ever seen was the Polish satellite channel version of Dallas. You've got the original sound running at low volume and then some super unmotivated guy translating it along. Just one dude that sounds tired as hell translating everything in a flat delivery.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat May 16, 2020 6:34 pm

Those are called "voice over" dub. AFAIK they're very popular in Eastern Euro countries, where only shit for kids has a proper dub. Every movie you get off rutracker has fifteen different bootleg dubs of some cheeki breeki dude yelling into Audacity and he has to master the audio as a six channel DTS file that takes up 2.5 GB and all of them combined are as big as the movie.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat May 16, 2020 6:39 pm

It was just so odd to see Dallas in the late 2000s on TV with JR shouting at some bitch in a dramatic scene and this Polak lazily translates it. He wasn't shouting or anything. He could not have given less of a fuck.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Sat May 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:19 pm
Moe Bitches wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:10 pm
Couldn't get into Hunter
Wow, are you talking about this old show by any chance?

Yeah, I didn't really watch it either, but I always thought it was hilarious that his name was Rick Hunter, just like the Robotech character. Hunter was serious tabloid fodder as Fred Dreyer was apparently an egomaniac that took control over the show. The had a "very special episode" where his female co-star got raped. I guess it got good ratings because Dreyer wanted her to get raped again (and again?) so she quit the show.
Yep. My old man still watches that show on YouTube. It's pretty fucking cool. But much like A-Team, which I did enjoy as kid (because of B.A and Murdock's chemistry as well as the action), it really started to suck after they changed the intro.

I need to catch up with Hunter because I'm all over the place. The episodes I've seen range from when James, the dad from Good Times is the boss, which is like the first season to when I think Hunter has a son.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Sat May 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 6:28 pm
Well, they aren't in English so what's the point?
If you're talking about M*A*S*H, the Brits got the no-laugh version.
But from what I understand, the (US) DVDs have the option of switching off the laugh track.
More details here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M*A*S*H_( ... augh_track
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/567 ... augh-track
https://www.mash4077tv.com/2010/08/watc ... ugh-track/
お前はもう死んでいる。