Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:45 pm
I think that was the name of the annoying Robinson boy's actor.
I was making a joke. Or trying to, at least
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:57 pm

I'm not really familiar with boxing lore, so you're efforts have been wasted from the start.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:55 pm

Is Black Mirror actually any good? I keep hearing people rave about it being the GREATEST MOTHERFUCKING SHOW IN THE UNIVERSE THAT WILL ASS-FUCK YOU INTO A COMA OMG LIKE OMFG!!!!!!! but it's on the BBC. How can it be anything but soy-soaked faggotry?

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:55 pm
Is Black Mirror actually any good? I keep hearing people rave about it being the GREATEST MOTHERFUCKING SHOW IN THE UNIVERSE THAT WILL ASS-FUCK YOU INTO A COMA OMG LIKE OMFG!!!!!!! but it's on the BBC. How can it be anything but soy-soaked faggotry?
Remember Gays of Thrones and how that shit was hyped? It's that but the show is even worse.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:22 pm

Black Minor is a Reddit darling like Reddit and Memey. Skip.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:34 pm

My family's showing me the 100. Started out fucking unbearable, but halfway through season 1, it feels like there was a switch or something behind the scenes, and a new showrunner picked up the garbage and made something vaguely useful out of it.
The main characters are completely forgettable teen twits. And the adults are mostly dour and miserable. The plot is somewhat interesting though, I like the depiction of future Earth. It's become trashy popcorn fun for me.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:43 pm

Rushy watches WB teen girl shit.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:30 am

I don't know anything about the show and have never heard about it until now, but I feel like this picture tells me everything I need to know.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:09 pm

When I hear about a show like this nowadays, my first thought isn't "why does this exist?"

But rather, "why are there SEVEN SEASONS of this?!?"

Just for once...I'd like to see a show actually accomplish what it set out to do in the premise.
Instead of going way the hell off the rails.
(Reading Wikipedia and laughing)Show
Season two saw them ripping off as much as they could from Fallout without finishing the game or making any kind of progress.
Season three saw them defeat the antagonist and the whole reason behind the show's plot. So for season four, they made up the most illogical plot contrivance for a disaster, retconned away any and rewrote the whole meaning behind the show's title.
Season five saw them go back into space and apparently forget all about the overpopulated colony.

Season six...well--
after 125 years in cryosleep, Clarke, Bellamy, and the others wake up to find out that they are no longer orbiting Earth and have been brought to a new habitable world, Alpha, also known as Sanctum. After landing on this world, they discover a new society, led by ruling families known as the Primes.
However, they also discover new dangers in this new world, and a mysterious rebel group, known as the Children of Gabriel.
I'm guessing season seven will either be all about how they'll gain new powers and reshape the universe being the cause of the original Big Bang, or find out that everything was a memory implant and they have been warped to another galaxy/the past to eventually populate and call that Earth.

Either way, forget about a group of crowded spaceship habitats.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:09 pm
Just for once...I'd like to see a show actually accomplish what it set out to do in the premise.
I do agree with you there. It's become a bit of a modern trend for shows to establish a plot and then hurriedly wrap it up in the first season finale so they could do something completely different after that. I'm guessing it's because the writers wanted to do that 2nd thing all along, but they had to sell the show to the studio.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.