Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:00 am

Heroes... wow, haven't heard anyone talk about that one in a long time.
I've heard the 1st season was good and it fell off a cliff immediately after that. It was another one of those mystery box shows that teased a bunch of cool stuff coming that they never paid off properly because they didn't know what they were doing.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:51 am

Heroes' decline is usually blamed on the 2008 writer's strike. Im sure that's just a symptom of many problems. Heroes was the only mystery box shitshow I ever followed but I was a kid when it came out and couldn't really tell you the decline.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:52 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:00 am
I've heard the 1st season was good and it fell off a cliff immediately after that. It was another one of those mystery box shows that teased a bunch of cool stuff coming that they never paid off properly because they didn't know what they were doing.
Wow, I only saw the first episode and thought it sucked.
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:45 pm
The old version was a Star Wars-minus the Force ripoff but in a way that worked. It was goofy and fun about the struggles of humanity to get to Earth. Supposedly had Mormon themes in it. Anyways, it didn't last too long and had its own mythology. Not great by any means but not terrible and still unique and cool enough to be popular in reruns.

The new version was done by SyFy, which meant it was crap. Took a family friendly kiddie show into muh-serious land.

At least back then the cast of the original were shitting on the reboot when it was announced. (Richard Hatch changed his tune once he was hired on the reboot, though.) When they reboot something now, everyone either pretends the new one is great or don't say anything.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:59 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:00 am
I remember everyone loving the Jap, because the salaryman angle in Japan at least felt like an anime. Of course, that only lasted the pilot.
I heard "Save the cheerleader, save the world" just ended up being disappointing, as expected.

Is it too hard to just come up with more prophecies after you fulfill the first one? Isnt that the point of being/having an oracle?
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:05 am

The Prisoner was the only show that got away with disregarding its mystery boxes and just fucking off.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:51 am
Heroes' decline is usually blamed on the 2008 writer's strike. Im sure that's just a symptom of many problems. Heroes was the only mystery box shitshow I ever followed but I was a kid when it came out and couldn't really tell you the decline.
That's just their excuse. They fucked themselves up as soon as they came up with the time-traveling herbivore man.
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:59 am
Is it too hard to just come up with more prophecies after you fulfill the first one? Isnt that the point of being/having an oracle?
Her health comes first :3
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:24 am

Guest wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:05 am
The Prisoner was the only show that got away with disregarding its mystery boxes and just fucking off.
The Prisoner can never hold a candle to Double Team.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:34 am

NBC turned Brave New World into a series starring one of the bitches from Downtown Abbey and completely changed everything to make it into an anti-Trump screed with a Mike Pence-like villain.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:49 am

I feel like 1984 would be a better source material to bastardize into TDS: The Series.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:26 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:49 am
I feel like 1984 would be a better source material to bastardize into TDS: The Series.
That's because you're not an inbred (((Hollywood Writer))) with a brain melted by years of drugs and venereal disease.