Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:49 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:26 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:28 pm
It certainly reminds me of some especially bad piece of shounenshit that draws shit out for as long as possible, until the writer has to finally end this shit and all the hype and build-up just collapses in on itself.
From what I hear, Bleach is supposedly a bit like that.
>a bit
Despite Jump throwing Kubo on his ass theres still money to be had off of Blech, because then they shat out some light novels, a live action film produced by (((Netflix))) and now they're even making a new anime OVA. Things looking good for the no-background man.
CIANIgger wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:26 pm
Who remembers Heroes? I want to murder the chink in that show nine times.
Masi Oka? Or was there some literal chink I don't remember.
He's still around, he produced the Netflix Death Note adaptation.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:21 pm

The Terror was literal garbage designed to be thrown away. The back of the box describes a "gothic horror" in the Arctic Straights that the navy has to deal with, turns out to be a big CG polar bear monster under the control of eskimos. One of the dumbest shows I've ever seen.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Watched two series that are generally acclaimed

The first was American Crime Story The People vs OJ Simpson, which was pretty good. Only criticism is that Cuba Gooding Jr was not convincing as OJ.

Second was Manhunt Unabomber, which is boring and rather mediocre. Seems to think that multiple time jumps make a story more interesting rather than just padding it out and making the actual dramatic scenes lose their punch. Also it’s barely historical and most of it is fictional in an attempt to make it more interesting (which they failed). Probably why it comes across as a cheap, cheesy dime a dozen procedural drama.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 pm

The first was American Crime Story The People vs OJ Simpson, which was pretty good. Only criticism is that Cuba Gooding Jr was not convincing as OJ.
Agree that Cuba Gooding Jr. was horribly miscast and didn't come off as OJ at all. He's in that AHS clique now so they gotta work with what they have I guess.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:09 pm

2016 was also when they eight hour O.J. documentary came out. Why would anybody watch the dramatization instead of that? Its pretty good btw, fastest eight and a half hours of your life.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:10 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:26 am
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:28 pm
It certainly reminds me of some especially bad piece of shounenshit that draws shit out for as long as possible, until the writer has to finally end this shit and all the hype and build-up just collapses in on itself.
From what I hear, Bleach is supposedly a bit like that.
It basically showcases all of the most asinine shounenshit tropes (that don't also involve haremshit I guess). Kubo even manages to include bad shounenshit animu tropes in his manga (namely absurd padding with plenty of panels where fuckall happens).

You could basically make the most mean-spirited shounenshit parody you could come up with, and you'd struggle to have it be even half as retarded as late Bleach.
Guest wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:49 pm
Despite Jump throwing Kubo on his ass theres still money to be had off of Blech, because then they shat out some light novels, a live action film produced by (((Netflix))) and now they're even making a new anime OVA. Things looking good for the no-background man.
AFAIK, the light novels - not even written by Kubo - are just the cheapest possible way to continue the story, and the film will probably desparately try to have you relive the glory days of early Bleach.

The OVAs (which will probably tackle the final manga arc) will be interesting since they will allow you to relive the pain and cringe of said arc in a much shorter time (unless they're stupid enough to make a 1:1 adaptation, though that would require way more volumes than anyone would be willing to buy).
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:10 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:02 pm
Guest wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Agree that Cuba Gooding Jr. was horribly miscast and didn't come off as OJ at all. He's in that AHS clique now so they gotta work with what they have I guess.
It's funny that you mention this because I was thinking exactly the same thing today. But then again, the only person who could have come off as OJ was OJ and he was A) in prison at the time and B) unlikely to do a show which depicts him as being a genuine murderer.

Unless he needed money and it was all 'hypothetical', of course
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:09 pm
2016 was also when they eight hour O.J. documentary came out. Why would anybody watch the dramatization instead of that? Its pretty good btw, fastest eight and a half hours of your life.
Why would anyone watch some masonic lies?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:18 pm

OJ did write that book (and by that I mean he let someone else ghostwrite it)called If I Did It: Confessions Of A Killer and has made some pretty dumb comments (if I killed her it only showed how much I love her) so he’s no stranger to touching that case again. Also he always needs money, still needs to pay the Goldmans 32 million, which is why he ran off to Florida.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:23 am

Dude's also got serious CTE. He'd eat a shoe if you told him to.