Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by CuckTurdginson » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:53 pm

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:11 am
Guest wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:43 am
Tony made better movies.
Agreed. Spy Game is tragically underrated.
True Romance

Ridley did Blade Runner and then sucked for a good while and then sort of had a comeback in the '00s with Gladiator, Matchstick Men, and Black Hawk Down.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:26 am

So, one decent movie (BHD) and two pieces of shit? Though Gladiator did have an okay soundtrack.

The only reason I wouldn't call Ridley insanely overrated is I don't think anyone but fanboys think he's that great. His genre movies like Black Rain or Someone To Watch Over Me are superior to his sci-fi and big budget shit. Even GI Jane is pretty good compared to some of the shit he's been churning out.

Compare that to Tony, who gave us Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop 2, Crimson Tide, Days of Thunder (yes nigga!), and The Motherfucking Last Boy Scout!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:03 pm

Using the word overrated is overrated, but if that word describes something perfectly, it's Gladiator. Joaquin Phoenix was great as usual, but EVERYTHING ELSE sucked in it. The writing and dialogue are childish crap, it's all so black and white it's laughable. It took me once three attempts to watch that shit all the way through.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Connie Nielsen looked pretty good. Gladiator was the Dark Knight and Fury Road of its time period, a massively average movie relentlessly sucked off by critics and online movie fags. The action was lackluster and shot in a really annoying hyper-edited style, it was too long, and the CG was really bad even by 2000 standards. Portraying Marcus Aurelius (who was 59 at the time) as an octogenarian was unforgivable, as was Connie Nielsen not getting her tits out. What the fuck, Ridley?

Oh, and the fucking soundtrack started that wailing woman shit that haunted epic movies for the next several years.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:04 pm

It's a gladiator movie where the main gladiator never dresses up like a gladiator.
And the absolute cherry on top of this shit sundae is that we never got that amazing-sounding sequel about Russel Crowe becoming a champion of Jehova in different time periods.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:31 am

The only Gladiator movie that matters:

Better than anything Hans Zimmer's ever done:

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:15 am

I definitely get the arguments against Gladiator, I enjoyed it on a schlocky level, similar to Braveheart. Matchstick Men is good, tho. Will die on that hill.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:44 am

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:45 am

Frodo & Sam gay sex scene confirmed! Maybe even some big orgy in the end. This olde classic is about to become relevant soon:

When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:54 am

Tolkien's true vision:

Isn't exactly anything new that they're gonna ruin the book with some shitty series.
Expect at least half of the Hobbits to be female and/or black.
Wait, that would be racist because they're so small. Okay then, everyone but the Hobbits will be black.
Wikipedia wrote:Set in the Second Age of Middle-earth, the series tells new stories before the events of The Lord of the Rings.
Fuck yeah! I love myself unnecessary prequels that they can drag on forever!

Also looking forward to that hot Ent-on-Hobbit action.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette