Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:55 pm

I'm sticking to the classic pieces of black power fantasy literature, thank you very much.
SpoilerShow
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:56 pm

That must be a hilarious read. :lol:
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:09 am

It is up there with War & Peace.

And forgot to comment on this one.
Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:24 pm
There is some shitty comic book called "Black" by a hack named "Kwanza" where only black people have superpowers, but somehow slavery still happened. (If you google it, you have to add the term "comic book"; otherwise you'll just get a bunch of crap about the made up holiday, Kwanza.)
You know you are dealing with a quality writer if his description of his precious alternate history story includes "... but nothing actually changed up to the point that this story starts".
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Sieg Zeon

Post by Sieg Zeon » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:37 pm

Books like that make me wish I could hand out superpowers to people from various walks of life and see what they do with them. What would Tyrone use superhuman abilities for?

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:53 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:50 pm
Sherlock Holmes has been completely botched in modern entertainment. Woke soybois can't conceive of someone who became the greatest detective ever through hard word and dedication, so he always has to be a dickish autistic or a dickish drug addict. The only tolerable version is Robert Downey Holmes, but even he's way too quirky and the second movie basically made him an observant superhero who has no choice to do what he does because of FATE. ("It's my curse.") Even rip-off crap like House or Criminal Intent portray him as mental asshole or nutjob always on the edge.

The only Sherlock-type show that got the character right was probably Forever, though it had a goofy immortality angle and was cancelled after one season because of production issues:

Plus it co-starred the hottest Latina ever.
Sherlock Holmes played by Jeremy Brett is perfection, not sure if you count that modern.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:11 pm

I think one of the core problems with Current Year Sherlock is that they feel the need to set it in the present day ('cause that's cheaper for a TV series).

Now what is the modern appeal of Sherlock Holmes? At least for me, it's him being a fellow who solves crimes through sheer logical deduction without any of the modern toys that we take for granted.
Now what happens if you splice him into the modern world, which has all those wonderful toys like fingerprints, DNA and Hollywood computer wizardry? How do you make the most iconic Sherlock Holmes stand out from say CSI?
By making him autistic and/or quirky, apparently.
-Yours Truly

jpakke

Post by jpakke » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:01 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:11 pm
I think one of the core problems with Current Year Sherlock is that they feel the need to set it in the present day ('cause that's cheaper for a TV series).

Now what is the modern appeal of Sherlock Holmes? At least for me, it's him being a fellow who solves crimes through sheer logical deduction without any of the modern toys that we take for granted.
Now what happens if you splice him into the modern world, which has all those wonderful toys like fingerprints, DNA and Hollywood computer wizardry? How do you make the most iconic Sherlock Holmes stand out from say CSI?
By making him autistic and/or quirky, apparently.
The funny thing is that americans made better Sherlock Holmes show than bongs, with Elementary. It's not a great show, but at least better than Sherlock, partially thanks to just taking the core idea and not bastardising the original stories.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:08 pm

Except for Asian woman Watson, tranny Mrs. Hudson, and lady Moriarty. Also being boring as hell because it was just another CBS procedural detective show like NCIS that had happened to have a british guy.

Holmes was also a tatted up hardcore drug addict asshole.

Dehbashi

Post by Dehbashi » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:35 am

The question is why. No one was asking for more Saved By The Bell.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:01 am

Did anyone ever need a spin-off for a sitcom? They're already going on for way too long, and you could just make a new sitcom. They're all the same, anyways.
The series will center around a new group of Bayside High students from "overprivileged" and working-class families, among the latter of which were transferred to the school as part of a plan by now-California Governor Zack Morris—whose administration experiences controversy for closing too many low-income high schools—to send lower-income students to the highest-performing schools in the state
Oh boy, you've got polidicks in my sitcom...
-Yours Truly