Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Non-cape tv show

Post by Charlar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:31 pm

I atched the new Ducktales, it sucks: Outside of the pilot Scrooge is a background character, The triplets are incompetent with different stereotipycal boy brats personalites, Mis Beakley look like a bodybulder that need no man, Gyro is arrogant and impatient, Donald is partially retarded, Launchpad is a manchild.
But the worst of them all? Webby, they made her a fucking mary sue with her default of being someone with no social skill only affect her once and being wrong one and a half times: she made friends with the triplets instantly and the new duck girl that is Magica de Spell niece.
It looks bad: the kids have square heads, the characters look worse than the 90's tv show characters, the jokes are bad like the Captain Lost one or he girls becomings friends over BRITISH ACCENTS.
Oh and Disney changed the episodes order to corce Webby down the viewers throats.
Almost forgot about the plot about the triplets mother
tl;dr It's the Webby wnd pals show now, might get pals less bad when it focus on Scrooge and Donald again
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:42 pm

So apparently the old show didn't have enough focus on OCs. At least the triplets' mother actually appeared as a background character in the comics, like twice or so.

Making the boys square-headed is just bizarre. I always thought Disney had some strict standards as to how you're allowed to draw these characters.

But the funniest thing for me is making Gizmoduck hispanic or something while making the Gizmoduck armor still white-looking and even burlier than the original.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:53 am

I watched the pilot and wasn't really into it. HATE the new art style. I have no idea why Disney would abandon their classic, renowned animation style for this ugly Viacom/Cartoon Network style.

HATE the adult voices for Huey, Dewey, and Louie. HATE the "hip" dialogue.
Mrs. Beakley is voiced by a black woman. I don't really care, but expect that character to also be a perfect mary sue because of it. I don't get why all female characters need to be "strong". Beakley and Webby were fine before.

I liked seeing more of Donald, but I now get why he was written out of the old show and replaced with Launchpad. Because I can't understand half of his dialogue.

The old show was classic and timeless. Like, people think it was a '90s show, but it was actually an '80s show. You usually can't tell. Disney should be spending money remastering the old show in HD instead of making this cheap imitation.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:37 am

I have been watching the old Ducktales and out of 7 episode Donald was a main character in 2 so far.
I been watching both versions of Top Gear today, I prefer the British one but the American one was decent
-All fanbases are shit

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:22 am

I've watched the pilot of duck tales also and it wasn't very good. I know they can't keep the nephews boy scout types but they don't work as trouble makers either. Also as Liar pointed out the art is complete shit.

The only big change I agree with is Webby, because she was complete shit in the old one.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm

She was a token female in the original. Can't have all those boys having fun like in the comics. But the show wasn't really about Webby.
I'd prefer tokens just stay in the background instead of shoving them in your face like in current year.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:15 pm

They want to overcompensate for the vile sexism found in the original.

(And not only was the old school swell, but it also got a pretty slick movie. I wish Disney did more Duck OVAs.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Continuing to watch the Original Ducktales for the first time because i'm stuck in bed from a fractured foot (No joke, i have been dealing with a small stress fracture in my foot for quite a while but it got worse not long ago ) so i decided to watch some shows i missed when i was young, i find that so far (i'm up to Season 1, episode 13) that despite being a corny show for kids with it's share of faults that it is surprisingly decent entertainment.
So far unsurprisingly the reboot compare a lot negatively in comparision
-All fanbases are shit

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:52 pm

Just like all the good cape shit cartoons from the 90's.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:21 am

DuckTales ('87) is great. At least that giant first season is. After that, the writers and animation studio changed and it had a totally different, lamer feel. They added the gimmick characters Bubba Duck and GizmoDuck that took over the show.

The other '80s cartoon that still holds up is The Real Ghostbusters, '86 SatAM and '87 Syndicated seasons. Phelous has reviews of both the "good episodes" and the later "bad episodes".
お前はもう死んでいる。