Non-cape tv show

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Non-cape tv show

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue May 21, 2019 9:10 pm

I really wonder what kind of appetite Martin thinks people are going to have for his books after this shitshow
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Tue May 21, 2019 9:11 pm

Reading spoilers on 4chan or Reddit has the exact same emotional resonance as watching the shitty episodes themselves.

Actually, more because at least watching the fanbase sperg out because their fave character didn't get to be king is pretty funny.

Post by Guest » Tue May 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:10 pm
I really wonder what kind of appetite Martin thinks people are going to have for his books after this shitshow
Ackchually, it'll probably be great for him. When he puts out his next book he can sell it on "hey, now you can get the REAL ending instead of that stupid bullshit on the show!" Not only will all the original book series fans come to the yard for it, but the show fans who are able to read (so maybe 40%, which is still a lot in terms of book sales, since nobody reads books anymore) who hated the ending will check it out too. His sales will swell.

Some people have even suggested he held off on publishing the next book for exactly this reason. If the show adapted all of his material, there's no reason to to buy the book after watching it. The show doing its own thing and turning shitty after being massively successful is the best outcome for him. 4d chess, all according to keikaku.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 pm

That's probably his thinking, but if he'd finished the books when everyone was like 'OMG Game of Thrones' they probably would have sold massively. Now that the show has ended, and was shit, I strongly doubt anybody's going to care that wasn't already into the books
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Tue May 21, 2019 9:25 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:07 pm
Now nobody has to watch it.
Joke's on you because that was always the case.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue May 21, 2019 10:46 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:10 pm
By the time he's finished with his next book, most people will have forgotten this shitstorm.
Guest wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:11 pm
Actually, more because at least watching the fanbase sperg out because their fave character didn't get to be king is pretty funny.
I'm getting flashbacks to the end of Bleach and Naruto, where several weebs got extremely salty that their One True Pairing didn't become a reality and they had to instead content with pairings that where pretty fucking clear for most of the show.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed May 22, 2019 12:30 am

veris leta facies wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:45 am
My reaction to season finale:

D&D are possibly the biggest trolls ever.
Don't praise them. They suck ass and were trying to subvert our expectations. What they did was intentional but also the limit of their creativity. Soviets have not creativity.

No red titties = show failed.

BlueberryRagamuffin
Goon

Post by BlueberryRagamuffin » Wed May 22, 2019 1:13 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 pm
That's probably his thinking, but if he'd finished the books when everyone was like 'OMG Game of Thrones' they probably would have sold massively. Now that the show has ended, and was shit, I strongly doubt anybody's going to care that wasn't already into the books
>implying Gurm is going to finish the books before he dies of a heart attack in the middle of being belted by a loli hooker with a suspicious resemblance to Maisie Williams

If the expanded universe ended with season 8 of GoT, only hardcore fans of the books would bother with the last two since he dragged his dick on finishing them for so long. But apparently there are multiple prequels and spin-offs in the works.
RedLine wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 pm
Getting Eiffel Tower'd by Spoony & Miles and taking double Antwiler seed is the only way to earn DHI Deluxe Mega-Platinum status.

Post by Guest » Wed May 22, 2019 1:25 am

BlueberryRagamuffin wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:13 am
apparently there are multiple prequels and spin-offs in the works.
Cancer.

Post by Guest » Wed May 22, 2019 1:50 am

BlueberryRagamuffin wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 1:13 am
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 pm
>implying Gurm is going to finish the books before he dies of a heart attack in the middle of being belted by a loli hooker with a suspicious resemblance to Maisie Williams
I LOL'd. While stuffing his face with a 20 piece bucket of fried chicken is also a possibility. Ironically, Germ did have some pretty good advice on why subverting expectations is bullshit if you don't set it up from the beginning that sounded like he was saying it specifically with REEEan Johnson in mind.