NFL (and other faggy sports)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: NFL (and other faggy sports)

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:21 am

Nah, there's sportsball and baisuball as well. Every other place, Germany and Spain especially, hast football and that's it. It's not like there are popular sports and football is the most popular. There's football and everything else is as irrelevant as fencing or whatever. They don't even register on the scale. I guess the next popular thing would be Formula 1 and that doesn't even remotely compare to the violent support football has. Not by a longshot.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:06 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 am
You won't even have to force anyone. You'll find more than enough people doing it just for the chance of fifteen minutes of fame.
They already kill each other on the street anyway, just offer them money to finish their little gang feud and you're all set.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:10 am

Shit, not even just niggers. Just funnel the talentless cunts that want to be [insert nation] new super star and they will flock in by the thousands.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:21 am
Nah, there's sportsball and baisuball as well. Every other place, Germany and Spain especially, hast football and that's it. It's not like there are popular sports and football is the most popular. There's football and everything else is as irrelevant as fencing or whatever. They don't even register on the scale. I guess the next popular thing would be Formula 1 and that doesn't even remotely compare to the violent support football has. Not by a longshot.
The only time other sports get even mentioned in the news is if some Kraut either wins a gold medal, or is very close at winning one.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:34 am

And tennis was fairly popular when we had Steffi Graf and Boris Becker. Naturally, there's some interest then. But single athlete sports never get the support that team sports have.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:26 pm

Oh, there also seems to be a bit of a hype surrounding ski jumping and biathlon (as much hype as you can get for non-football that is only really played during winter). Not entirely sure why cause both sports are a bit weird IMO.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:56 pm

You got fooled by the news reporting about the winter olympics 24/7. They are just happy to have something to say.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:24 pm
Offtopic shit that actually belongs in the NFL thread:
SpoilerShow
Tony Schiavone wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:20 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:59 pm

I don't understand the league systems in burgerland. Don't they get set to a lower league eventually or something?
No, sadly. They just stick around to be a low-tier laughingstock that gets to stay in business because they get an equal share of the lucrative TV revenue. There's no way in hell owners would just let themselves move, especially after fleecing tehir cities with a taxpayer funded stadium.

Oftentimes you'll just see some deliberately tank to improve their draft position.
That and the drafting I really don't get. Football (proper) here has leagues in tiers. You've got the Bundesliga, the second Bundesliga below that, the third league below that and after that it's regional leagues and so on. You don't get to have a say what league you're in. You're in the last two places of the Bundesliga? It's second Bundesliga for you next year.
Then there's also the rule that no company or person can ever own a team by majority share and that you've got to have a stable finance plan and be solvent to even stay in the two highest leagues in the first place.
And we don't have anything like drafting at all. You make contracts with whoever you want.

Baseball is just as baffling with your two big leagues that somehow get thrown together as MLB but then again not. Your whole playoffs and superbowl and point system as well is confusing. It's all so overly complicated for no apparent reason. Drafts I kinda get, I think, with your college system or something. But the other stuff is a mystery to me.
Multiples leagues with teams spread all over the place actually resembled how the NFL was in its infancy. You can still (kind of) see it in the college football and Major League Baseball with the farm clubs.
What happened was money, money, and more money. Owners got together to consolidate and push out the teams the didn't want, and suddenly you have one league apiece.

It isn't like the Eastern Hemisphere where countries are close enough and parts of countries independent enough where you can have multiple leagues that run competitively. Here we're hampered by geography and relative historical youth where we just kind of let the big money cities consolidate and promote, and trust their way through. (Believe me, pro leagues are a trust. How they get away with not paying taxes is a delightful bit of nationalism).

The points and other rules are leftover appendages from parts of the game that never truly went away. Best anology would be all the half-baked ideas and other rules fixes form Magic the Gathering that you can still kind of play (depending on the format). It's an uneven balance between trying to regulate and streamline, and trying all kinds of wild new exciting options.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Handegg stops so often and frequently so the refs can look up the rules (they have gone full retard, they don't know how a catch work anymore) and to figure how to rig the game like the Ginger Hammer wants
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:03 pm

Our leagues aren't independent leagues. They are part of a single system. Win in the local league and it's up to the regional one. Win in that and it's up to the interregional, then to the third and finally to the two Bundesligas. It's basically one massive ranking system, just that for the volume of teams and most of them being amateur teams it of course wouldn't make sense to have one huge league at the bottom, if you know what I mean.

I just find it so incredibly odd that there's basically no way for a terrible team to get pushed out of your top league. The bottom two teams get kicked one league lower, the top two one higher and the third of the lower and the third to last of the higher league play two extra games to decide who goes where. There's no such thing as not winning any game and staying in the top league here.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!