South Park

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
AngrySpoonySnob

Re: South Park

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:14 pm

south park has been terrible for at least 5 seasons now
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:42 pm

I've enjoyed everything South Park for the most part. They male fun of everyone. There doesn't ever seem to be some stupid agenda to it.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:10 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:42 pm
I've enjoyed everything South Park for the most part. They male fun of everyone. There doesn't ever seem to be some stupid agenda to it.
You cant be serious.... that was old south park theyre so leftist, pc and agendafilled these days its insane.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:59 pm

CIANIgger wrote:
You missed last season then
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:05 pm

How long till Cartman turns trans?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:20 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:05 pm
He already was a 'Nam whore.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Charlar wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:59 pm
CIANIgger wrote:
You missed last season then
I dispute that last season had an 'agenda'. Then again, it's really difficult to tell what their intent was because the last season was such a fucking mess.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:05 pm
Season 18. Episode 'The Cissy'.
They also had Mr Garrison turn trans in an episode that was eerily prescient of all the current year bullshit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Pope Corky III

Post by Pope Corky III » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:11 pm

There's the possibility that only Poonoo will get this but IDGAF because I've been sitting on this analogy for a while.

South Park is the Sepultura of comedy. Their early seasons (albums) were extremely crude and raw, but it didn't matter because they were funny (metal/thrash). Then a little later, but still fairly early in to their career, they threw everything they had into a project and it turned out to be an unchallenged, time-honored masterpiece of what they are capable of (Bigger, Longer, Uncut/ Beneath The Remains). What happened after that? Well, they ran out of good jokes (riffs). Sure there was one more season or so of quality material (Arise), but looking back you could tell the tank was almost empty. Then having no goddamn idea of how to progress creatively, or God fucking forbid end the project, they put in a whole bunch of dumb second tier New York Times comic section "satire" (grooves, tribal shit, rapping, jumpdafuckup faggotry) that has no place whatsoever on that type of show. As a result they turn completely to shit (Chaos AD, Roots, everything else really) with no hope whatsoever of recovering. Sure some of the stupid people might argue that Chef (Max Cavalera) leaving was the real tipping point, but the truth is by that time they were already pozzed.

Edit: I suppose Team America World Police represents Soulfly, because that was just as painfully unentertaining.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:14 pm
He may have caught it at the same Bilderberg-Illuminati meeting as Prince Albert in a Can. I guess lizardmen aren't immune.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:23 pm

I actually like Soulfly. Better than current Sepultura by far. I will concede that Beneath the Remains is the best Sepultura album, though.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:53 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:23 pm
I will concede that Beneath the Remains is the best Sepultura album, though.
100%. Arise was good but the later songs in that album were a bit dull, as Corky said they were running out of ideas.

Soulfly aren't horrible or anything, and who gave a shit about Sepultura after Max left? I know the band was just doing that groove metal shit when he left, but they became completely irrelevant after that, even with the Thrash revival in the mid-2000s.

The closest to real Sepultura is Cavalera Conspiracy, though it will never be the same since it has a tint of Soulfly to it.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.