Hollywood Rehashings (Nostalgia fucking blows...)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
JL Unlimited

Re: Hollywood Rehashings (Nostalgia fucking blows...)

Post by JL Unlimited » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:56 pm
Compost is useful. Anime isn't.
One thing anime has going for it, is that they haven't outsourced their animation to a shitty Korean/Taiwan sweatshop studio. They still have jap animators working in the same studio with directors (who themselves, started out as animator).
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:03 pm

Deeewds, a Freakazoid reboot. What if he like switched gender during the transformation?!
Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:17 am
It was in English. And I'm pretty sure. I heard a guy say something like "It's that fucking Columbo again" and I saw Peter Falk. People were saying "bullshit" and things like that.
I know foreign markets sometimes get "harder" versions of our shows. For example, here is a scene from the awful Marvel TV Movie Generation X.
https://youtu.be/z2woRmWMhm0?t=52m14s
This sucks. We Germans usually get the same, or something tamer. Cursing Columbo sounds fun. Like if Columbo got replaced with Sam Diamond from Murder by Death.
Charlar wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:32 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:56 pm
You all have. Filled to the brim with utter shit.
To be honest every hobby is filled with shit, it's why when something isn't it surprise me these days
The question is not whether or not your favorite bit of cartoonshit is shit or not. It's whether or not you can tolerate the shit within.

Personally, I'd rather take "doki doki kawaii desu moe blob" over "badly-animated self-insert lecturing me about social justice". I also don't have to fear that the show will eventually be hijacked by SJWs.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:29 pm

JL Unlimited wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:35 pm
One thing anime has going for it, is that they haven't outsourced their animation to a shitty Korean/Taiwan sweatshop studio. They still have jap animators working in the same studio with directors (who themselves, started out as animator).
Watch Dragonball Super and get back to me on that. Or any Toei show for that matter. We'd be lucky if they were animated in Korea. Toei outsources to the fucking Philippines and it shows. I'm not aware of any anime (except for maybe Sazae-san) that is done entirely in Japan anymore.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:42 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:03 pm
I also don't have to fear that the show will eventually be hijacked by SJWs.
Maybe not if you can understand moonspeak. Subs and dubs have been and will become more and more subverted. I guarantee you that.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Throne of Dysentery wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:21 am
But what do you dream? *Dictated in my best Werner Herzog voice*
phpBB [video]
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:29 pm
Watch Dragonball Super and get back to me on that. Or any Toei show for that matter. We'd be lucky if they were animated in Korea. Toei outsources to the fucking Philippines and it shows. I'm not aware of any anime (except for maybe Sazae-san) that is done entirely in Japan anymore.
Yeah I should've been more specific. I was thinking of Madhouse and Studio Trigger. Though to be fair, the DBS animation is hilarious.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/im ... 525859.jpg
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:20 pm

Studio Trigger does some awesome stuff. And it's hilarious how cheap one can get with one of the biggest shounen properties out there. I guess this is what happens if you don't give your animators any raise in like 10+ years.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:42 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:03 pm
I also don't have to fear that the show will eventually be hijacked by SJWs.
Maybe not if you can understand moonspeak. Subs and dubs have been and will become more and more subverted. I guarantee you that.
Then I guess I have to seek refugee with fansub groups that are weeb enough to insist on 100% accuracy.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:02 pm

And then one cunt comes in and she will use the thirst to change everything. Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:29 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:17 am
It was in English. And I'm pretty sure. I heard a guy say something like "It's that fucking Columbo again" and I saw Peter Falk. People were saying "bullshit" and things like that.
I know foreign markets sometimes get "harder" versions of our shows. For example, here is a scene from the awful Marvel TV Movie Generation X.
https://youtu.be/z2woRmWMhm0?t=52m14s
Do you happen to remember who the murderer was? Or anyone else notable in the episode? I can't imagine an episode like that wouldn't get some kind of unrated DVD release, for the novelty if nothing else.
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:20 pm
Then I guess I have to seek refugee with fansub groups that are weeb enough to insist on 100% accuracy.
Crunchyroll (and other streamers) are pretty much killing fansub groups.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:54 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:29 pm
Crunchyroll (and other streamers) are pretty much killing fansub groups.
If they keep fucking up with localisation though they will rise again. Never underestimate the power of autism.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.