Dead Celebrities aren't much fun

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: Dead Celebrities aren't much fun

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:45 pm

Kikepedia mentions an official Fagbook post stating that he was "battling depression". Did he take a tiny noose and became an hero?
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:24 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:27 pm
Bruno Sammartino also kicked the bucket.
I was really shocked about that one because Bruno was such a big name and lived a very healthy life.

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:24 am
Tony Schiavone wrote:
I was really shocked about that one because Bruno was such a big name and lived a very healthy life.
He did, but he was also 82...which was technically past average life expectancy for most developed countries. He had also been hospitalized for the past two months.
It was surprising, but not as surprising for me as say, Roddy Piper was a couple years ago.

What I've learned (confirmed with shoot interviews and other research) is that the number one life shortener is cocaine.
Not steroids, and not any other drugs.
This why I follow Kevin Nash's advice: I'll never take an upper. Downers, like alcohol--OK. But not any kind of stimulant stronger than coffee.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Growth hormones also fuck your shit up real bad. I've never seen a guy that took them a lot get past 60.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:24 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:46 pm
Growth hormones also fuck your shit up real bad. I've never seen a guy that took them a lot get past 60.
You're right--forgot about those. That's what did in John Studd.* Ended up with tumors all over his body at the end.

*Although he was slurping it up like soda pop.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:19 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 pm
Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:24 am
Tony Schiavone wrote:
He did, but he was also 82...which was technically past average life expectancy for most developed countries. He had also been hospitalized for the past two months.
It was surprising, but not as surprising for me as say, Roddy Piper was a couple years ago.

What I've learned (confirmed with shoot interviews and other research) is that the number one life shortener is cocaine.
Not steroids, and not any other drugs.
This why I follow Kevin Nash's advice: I'll never take an upper. Downers, like alcohol--OK. But not any kind of stimulant stronger than coffee.
Roddy Piper didn't shock me considering his past with steroids and drugs, certainly I was exasperated to hear the news of his death because he's a favourite of mine, but it did not surprise me.
With Bruno, he was an institution of pop culture. He seemed like he would live forever and forever be around in the cultural sphere, like Stephen Hawking.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:11 am

Tony Schiavone wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 pm
Didn't shock me once since in one interview he said he wasn't going to live long, I think it was around 10-15 years ago when a lot of the 80s/90s guys were dying (Hennig, Bulldog) and Benoit and Eddie died. He mentioned all the drugs he did would catch up to him and low and behold he died relatively young.

In the 80s the wrestlers were high as fuck on cocaine and were roiding up like crazy, the wrestlers a generation before them lived very long and healthy lives like Bruno.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:10 am

Joe "Don't call me Dad" Jackson died at 89. Abused the shit out of his sons, but you can't argue the results he got from them.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 am

The Old Man off Pawn Stars died
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:19 am

He was a bitter bastard anyway. Maybe now the store will finally carry battletoads.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]