What are you listening to?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
veris leta facies

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by veris leta facies » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Synthwave ran out of gas many years ago. It became boring, repetitive and over saturated-genre, partly because it's so easy to make. Just get your synthwave vst plugins to your DAW and throw some generic basslines and beats in, no need for tempo changes or any musical trickery, upload on youtube and throw some neon stock photo as background image, "hey, ain't this so eighties, maan!".

That said, there are several synthwave classics that work very well as a background music for workout:

That has some nice guitars in it too. Used this couple times as background music for heavy bag training. Especially at the end of training when you hit the bag like madman for 3-5 minutes to squeeze all juices out. Makes you feel like Rocky :lol:
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:00 pm

veris leta facies wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:33 pm
Synthwave ran out of gas many years ago. It became boring, repetitive and over saturated-genre, partly because it's so easy to make. Just get your synthwave vst plugins to your DAW and throw some generic basslines and beats in, no need for tempo changes or any musical trickery, upload on youtube and throw some neon stock photo as background image, "hey, ain't this so eighties, maan!".

That said, there are several synthwave classics that work very well as a background music for workout:

That has some nice guitars in it too. Used this couple times as background music for heavy bag training. Especially at the end of training when you hit the bag like madman for 3-5 minutes to squeeze all juices out. Makes you feel like Rocky :lol:
Ma nigga! It's exactly how you described. All the synthwave greats did their thing then moved on. You can really tell the difference between an actual musician and the many generic imitators out there within a minute of listening to the song.
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:28 am

I miss synth.
veris leta facies wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:33 pm
Just get your synthwave vst plugins to your DAW and throw some generic basslines and beats in, no need for tempo changes or any musical trickery, upload on youtube and throw some neon stock photo as background image, "hey, ain't this so eighties, maan!".
Uuuh boy, did neon stock photos ever find a new home.
SpoilerShow
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:50 pm

Synthwave has the same problem that Hardbass has. It's too rigid of a genre and too few artists for a couple of them to expand and develop it. For Hardbass, if it wasn't for DJ Blyatman it'd pretty much be Narkotik Kal and Kolbaser 24/7.

Stuff like this has clear influences from Hard House but that's what it takes and what it needs to move forward. Influence from close genres is how you develop depth and new nuances. Just look at the whole Rock and Metal realm directly influencing each other. Same goes for Electronica. Shit's got to change a bit to develop.

Don't get me wrong, I love the very classic Kolbaser sound as much as the next gopnik but you can't make the same song over and over again outside of Pop or Country and nobody wants to be those dead genres these days.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:23 am

Some very oldschool stuff.

Now I can't link the Beastie Boys without linking Sabotage, can I? No, I can't. That's illegal in Europe.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:43 pm

Oh boy, We ain't nothing but mammals!
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:25 pm

The only music you need to get pumped up.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:55 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:43 pm
Oh boy, We ain't nothing but mammals!
Bloodhound Gang, unlike David Hasselhoff, is an unironic hit band in Germany. No idea why we seem to love them so much. Fuck that, no idea why they aren't as popular just about anywhere else. BHG is straight up awesome! My favourite song of theirs:

That's fucking art! Fuck everyone who tries to tell me otherwise!

Aaaanyway, on topic, something I've already posted but I'll just post it again because it's also art:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Moe Bitches
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Moe Bitches » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:58 am

Speaking of which, why the hell is (or was?) David Hasselhoff big over where you are? Never understood that.
da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 am
Shit like this is why satire is dead in currentyear.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:28 am

Moe Bitches wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:58 am
Speaking of which, why the hell is (or was?) David Hasselhoff big over where you are? Never understood that.
There was Knightrider, of course.

That was so fucking on point Zeitgeist. It's like 80s distilled and put into a bottle. But, much like A-Team, that's really a kids show.
Then Hasselhoff started a music career and by 89 he brought out his hit single "I've been looking for freedom".

Catchy song. In the DDR (GDR to you, the Soviet occupied east of Germany) a few people could receive west German TV. That was forbidden, of course. But there was a black market for western LPs, jeans, coffee and such. When the wall in Berlin fell and the Soviet Union fell, it became somewhat of a hymn for the then liberated DDR. Can't really blame them. What would fit better than "I've been looking for freedom!"?
And thus a stereotype was formed. I don't actually mind it. It's not even wrong to say that Germans of my generation are fond of the guy. When I heard he'd be in the Spongebob movie I was legit hyped. Mostly for the meme factor but there's much worse people you can be memed with.
Ever since then Hasselhoff has been memed as Germany's favourite and it's not like there aren't plenty of fans of his here, just maybe not as many as the meme would suggest. But the poor dude had enough hardships so why not let him think he helped bringing the wall down, right? :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!