What are you listening to?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:25 am

Cradle of Filth is ultra gay. Danny Filth sucks dick at the bus stop for bus fare and then travels by foot.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:18 am

veris has worst moozik taste on DHI.

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:07 pm

Early CoF are fucking killer (until around Nymphetamine 2004), and some of the best MeloBlack out there. Of course you can call Dani filth a tryhard satanic hipster (just look at him), but most hate is undeservedly shed by Metal snobs who buttfuck to the soundtrack of Dimmu Borgir (same style of music really) while wearing their Burzum bandshirts.
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:25 pm

There is no such thing as good Melodic Black Metal.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:29 pm

CoF? More like cough.

wulfenlord

Post by wulfenlord » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:57 pm

Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:25 pm
There is no such thing as good Melodic Black Metal.
Oh boy, now you've done it. As always the best thing to start with is German representation :3

I take great pleasure in listening to the exquisite metaphor "Kennst du den Urknall aus dem Horn?" every single time. Though granted it swerves into Symphonic Metal. Also - but by no means lesser entries:

Now for two Naglfars, both are awesome

The motherfucking godfathers of Tolkien Black Metal!

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl muh'fugen bix nood

Whenever you feel down :3
SpoilerShow

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:45 pm

Yeah no, I'm not a fan. It all sounds awful to me.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:11 pm

wulfenlord wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:07 pm

Early CoF are fucking killer (until around Nymphetamine 2004), and some of the best MeloBlack out there. Of course you can call Dani filth a tryhard satanic hipster (just look at him), but most hate is undeservedly shed by Metal snobs who buttfuck to the soundtrack of Dimmu Borgir (same style of music really) while wearing their Burzum bandshirts.
Never cared that much of The Principle of Evil Made Flesh. While it does have its moments it's quite a mess and the band didn't seem to know what exactly they wanted to do yet. With Dusk they found their style and it's quite an improvement over the first record, but the record still feels fumbling in places somewhat. Malice and the title track are two the most solid and accessible tracks on the album, but some songs last far too long and contain incoherent parts. It's as if the band hadn't yet fully mastered creating an arc of drama for the long and epic songs they wanted their songs to be. The opening track Heaven Torn Asunder is a prime example of this. Funeral in Carpathia does have a strong opening, but the track does not have to continue for 8 minutes!

The band peaked with their third and fourth albums, they are an ecstatic celebration of symphonic black metal. In Cruelty there's maybe some slight roughness here and there still, but there is nothing in Midian to complain about. The opening track Cthulhu Dawn is good, not among the band's best songs, but it starts the record in style, but the rest of the A side of the album is pure win from then on. Saffron's Curse - Death Magick For Adepts - Lord Abortion - Amor E Morte. There are not many albums that contain such high level of continuum of great tracks.

I remember when in the late 90's in black metal circles of the time it was extremely uncool to like CoF as they were not TROO. Never cared myself if they were not Real Cvlt Satanists, they were at the peak of their genre at the time and made some excellent shite. Making music for the sake of money and women is a perfectly acceptable reason to do it. It's a shame though they haven't released anything worthwhile since Midian (some have praised their latest album, but I haven't listened to it myself yet).
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:27 pm

"The Principle of Evil Made Flesh" sounds like something you don't want to run into during a Call of Cthulhu session.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:53 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:27 pm
"The Principle of Evil Made Flesh" sounds like something you don't want to run into during a Call of Cthulhu session.
I never wanted to run into the principal at school.