What are you listening to?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 25, 2018 11:34 am

Have a better album cover. I think this might even warrant it's own thread since sometimes shit albums have great covers.

Edit: This album is good, though.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am

That pic ain't coming up kugelboss.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:34 am
I think this might even warrant it's own thread since sometimes shit albums have great covers.
Boy howdy I'll tell you what.

It ain't even that shitty (or an album) but man the disconnect between that cover and the song is hysterical.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 am

Man, even the intro clashes with the main body of the song. You'd expect something trippy from that image like techno or prog.

Huh, I didn't really wonder because pictures often don't show up for me when I'm at work.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Fri May 25, 2018 12:06 pm

Now it's coming up. What a hell. Fuck this. php stinks.
also more Time kino.

Now that's a "unique" cover. Theres some others I've never seen before on the tubes like this

More normal but that's probably not an actual photo of any of these guys.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri May 25, 2018 12:43 pm

Not bad covers at all.
Guest wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am

It ain't even that shitty (or an album) but man the disconnect between that cover and the song is hysterical.
What a bizarre song. Did Queen got inspired by this? :D
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Fri May 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Children of Bodom were so good during that early run. Are You Dead Yet was Alexi giving up and writing simpler songs from the on.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri May 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Poonoo wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:22 pm
Children of Bodom were so good during that early run. Are You Dead Yet was Alexi giving up and writing simpler songs from the on.
Damn right. CoB was a big part of my late/post teen years and I would count also Hate Crew Deathroll amongst their classic albums with their first three records. Every album after that, not worth of bothering. That guitar/keyboard duel solo in the end of the title song Hatebreeder is a perfect example how heavy metal solos should be: short, awesome and never lagging, always constantly building towards its climatic ending.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 25, 2018 2:42 pm

Danny Filth may just be the most gay-looking faggot in all of Metal. Legit Metal, of course. No need to mention fuckboys from some Screamo band. Looking like you suck dick for breakfast is a given for those twats.
Guest wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 12:06 pm
Now it's coming up. What a hell. Fuck this. php stinks.
Because I fixed it. No idea why php can't handle the original link. And no, it's not the content wordfilter messing that one up.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Dani Filth from Cradle of Filth? I don't know where that came from, but CoF's 3. and 4. albums are amazing, especially Midian where they honed their style at its peak. Another classic album from my early adulthood.

CoF at its best here. Brutal, melodic, majestic, meaty riffs and Dani's vocals at their best. I don't much care how he looks. You can clearly hear their Iron Maiden influence in the guitar harmonies. Lastly a speech from Pinhead himself and then one of the greatest CoF riffs wraps it all up. Brilliant.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Fri May 25, 2018 6:46 pm

Wew, I had a real brainfart there. CoB CoF, what's the diff'rence? :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!