What are you listening to?

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Re: What you listening too?

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:51 am

A true classic from the time I was half my age and got into Hardcore.

Pure nostalgia! I still remember walking up to the operator on the fair's bumper cars and asking, half-jokingly, if he could play Army of Hardcore by Neophyte. Dude just said "Sure" and actually played it. We're talking about the pre-internet age here. The dude had it on CD, despite Hardcore not being a thing you'd hear at a fair at all.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:17 am

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:26 am

Ah, it's nostalgia evening, I see. Since I don't live in a country full of niggers, we got really fantastically gay mainstream electronica.

I could dig up Landser or Stahlgewitter but in all actuality, this is the white man's music of that era. :lol:
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:04 am

Kugelfisch wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:26 am
Ah, it's nostalgia evening, I see. Since I don't live in a country full of niggers, we got really fantastically gay mainstream electronica.
I swear nobody is actually listening to "today's" music anymore and it's all because it's so niggerish. The niggerization of America's culture is what's driving people to dig up all this old shit because even the mainstream garbo was kinda decent because it was made by white's.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:19 am

You'd have more of a point if I hadn't just posted Wu Tang Clan and if I didn't also love NWA.

I like a lot of older rap from the '80s and '90s. The new shit is just plain bad and it isn't because it's black. :lol: The new rap niggas are "eat that watermelon" tier.

RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:52 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:17 am
I normally don't care for much rap, even with gangsta rap a lot of the albums as a whole are shit like Straight Outta Compton (only the first 2 songs and Express Yourself are good) but this album has so many good songs on it. Hip Hop and rap went to shit in the late 90s.

Gojira were announced for Wacken so I checked them out and on their breakthrough album the only song I liked was this one:

The rest of it was shitty prog metal, up it's own ass and forgettable since it's too focused on technicality and trying to sound unique rather than good.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 am

Poonoo you act like its only rap, all music has gone downhill since the 90s
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:30 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:43 am
Poonoo you act like its only rap, all music has gone downhill since the 90s
Popular music certainly did in the late 90s, the late 90s was fucking awful all around for music. It wasn't until the early/mid 2000s when it picked up a bit. Pop music never stopped being complete garbage but other genres got better than that shitty period in the late 90s where record companies got fucking lazy and got their artists to only make a max of 4 good songs an album and fill it out with filler. They deserved piracy, so many people got fucked over in the 90s with shit fucking albums with more filler than a shonen anime.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:14 pm

The late 90s was fucking awful? Just from the top of my head:

Tool: Ænima (1996)
Emperor: Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk (1997)
Opeth: Morningrise (1996), Still Life (1999)
Bruce Dickinson: Accident of Birth (1997), The Chemical Wedding (1998)
Radiohead: OK Computer (1997), Kid A (2000)
CoF: Dusk and Her Embrace (1996), Cruelty and the Beast (1998), Midian (2000)
CoB: Hatebreeder (1999)
Dimmu Borgir: Stormblåst (1996), Enthrone Darkness Triumphant (1997)

Everyone can have their whatever personal opinions about these albums ofc, but amongst their fans, these are considered some of their greatest albums and the late 90s as the golden eras of these bands. However, after the year 1995 the second (and the greatest) wave of black metal came to its end and all big thrash metal bands failed one after another.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:49 pm

Yeah it was more the early 2000s that were really bad for metal in particular. It's a big reason for why I got into electronica then as that was having a golden era then. Most of that stuff isn't really listenable anymore, like 95% of gabber, but at the time it was new and interesting.
Meanwhile, thrash metal really, really went to shit at the time.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!