Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:50 pm

It was basically a remake of the '99 Mummy but without the humor, charm, and adventure, and the hot lady Mummy was supposed to be a man but they changed it after seeing the trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse and thought the villains would be too similar.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:53 pm

If you count the games as canon, Craig Bond did Goldfinger, Octopussy, GoldenEye, and a bunch of other shit between Quantum of Solace and Skyfall.

Anthonygroum

Capeshit thread comics and movies

Post by Anthonygroum » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:08 am

I know right I thought I at least had some idea how the show was going to end or what direction they were taking it..... but last ep just blew my mind. Now I have NO idea how they are going to end it.

Does anyone watch Talking Bad with Chris Hardwick? They say that the last 2 episodes are like emotional roller coasters :X

Rapeculture

Re: Capeshit thread comics and movies

Post by Rapeculture » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:34 am

Anthonygroum wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:08 am
I know right I thought I at least had some idea how the show was going to end or what direction they were taking it..... but last ep just blew my mind. Now I have NO idea how they are going to end it.

Does anyone watch Talking Bad with Chris Hardwick? They say that the last 2 episodes are like emotional roller coasters :X
What the fuck are you talking about? The Walking Dead? Who the hell are you replying to? Because that's what it looks like you're doing.

I'm calling either bot or autist here.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Auli wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:11 am
One Bond fucked up getting married, so now the other Bonds have to have the same wife of every new Bond-iteration.

There, fixed!
James Bond barely has continuity. It's more like shout outs to past movies, except with Quantum of Solace, which was a mess. Actually the old black and white Universal monster movies were the same way. If you tried to form a timeline with them you'd have a hell of a time. Movie makers didn't expect the same level of autism in the old days, and the Bond franchise has carried on the same way since the 60's except they're kind of fucking it up now.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:54 pm

It will certainly be funny if they legit try for a 007 Shared Universe. That might kill the franchise for the next decade or so.

And it's not just the Universal monster flicks that played fast and loose with continuity. Pretty much every horror franchise is guilty of this, as muh precious worldbuilding and continuity takes a backseat to the demand of shitting out more sequels.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:49 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:54 pm
It will certainly be funny if they legit try for a 007 Shared Universe. That might kill the franchise for the next decade or so.

And it's not just the Universal monster flicks that played fast and loose with continuity. Pretty much every horror franchise is guilty of this, as muh precious worldbuilding and continuity takes a backseat to the demand of shitting out more sequels.
Nah man. The Curse of Michael Myers ties everything together.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Oh yeah, waiting until the 5th sequel to go "A wizard druid did it". Jar-Jar Abrahams could learn a thing or two from this quality storytelling.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:50 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:09 pm
Oh yeah, waiting until the 5th sequel to go "A wizard druid did it". Jar-Jar Abrahams could learn a thing or two from this quality storytelling.
Next Star Wars should have Darth Vader come back as a zombie. Actually that would probably be better than what will actually happen.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 am

I finally got around to watching Deadpool 2. Meh. A lot of good characters senselessly killed to focus on lame ones.
Also, every other line is about shoving something in someone's ass. Pretty fuckin' gay, bro.
お前はもう死んでいる。