Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Auli wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:06 am

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
お前はもう死んでいる。

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:57 pm
Generally speaking though, I think the only person who wasn't gay on Singer's X-Men is Patrick Stewart. Every other man in those movies when you watch them you're like 'Okay, he clearly slept with Bryan Singer'. They're all pretty boys. Every single one.
But I betcha Patrick only got the role because Bryan watched his dude-on-dude kiss scene from Lifeforce.
Auli wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:14 am
I got even more bad news for you; it's a tv series. So it's not 2.5h movies it's a 50m x12 or something series.
If it doesn't get cancelled partway through. Could happen with this trainwreck.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:55 pm

Auli wrote:
I got even more bad news for you; it's a tv series. So it's not 2.5h movies it's a 50m x12 or something series.
How is that bad news? A shitty movie they could export to China, make a hundred gajillion dollars on and get a shitty sequel greenlit. Nobody's going to watch 12 episodes of this shit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Would the Chinese even like a bunch of edgy tryhards?
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

Osterzone

Post by Osterzone » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:15 pm

I know Cyborg got "promoted" but they didn't even replace him with anybody?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Woke Blackfire counts for two.

Promoted Cyborg in the comics is from some reboot where the original Titans were either disbanded, or never existed in the first place (New 52 was a bit muddy with regards to old continuity). Probably couldn't use Cyborg directly because of the movies, so they just replaced him with nothing.
-Yours Truly

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:55 pm
Auli wrote:
How is that bad news? A shitty movie they could export to China, make a hundred gajillion dollars on and get a shitty sequel greenlit. Nobody's going to watch 12 episodes of this shit.
Bad news for the Universe as in there will exist more minutes of this shit than a 2h movie.

Good news for us if it was a movie because if we were forced the watch it'd be 2h of our life and not 10.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:26 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:00 pm
Would the Chinese even like a bunch of edgy tryhards?
Well, they don't speak English and they're happy to get anything that isn't a Communist Party of China (TM) endorsed documentary so I doubt they really care
Auli wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:32 pm
Good news for us if it was a movie because if we were forced the watch it'd be 2h of our life and not 10.
1) If it were a two hour theatrical movie and you went to see it (god knows why) you'd have paid to see a two hour theatrical movie and therefore might as well watch it. With a TV series, you didn't pay to see shit and you're in no way obligated to keep watching the entire run if it starts out being complete shit
2) The only way I could see anyone being forced to watch this piece of shit is if they were in a Saddam Hussein type situation and they were trying to torture you by making you watch twelve straight hours of this shit.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Promoted Cyborg in the comics is from some reboot where the original Titans were either disbanded, or never existed in the first place (New 52 was a bit muddy with regards to old continuity). Probably couldn't use Cyborg directly because of the movies, so they just replaced him with nothing.
In the judas contract animated movie Cyborg was replaced by the third Blue Bettle Jaime Reyes so at least they tried a bit more

Auli

Post by Auli » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:23 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:20 pm

In the judas contract animated movie Cyborg was replaced by the third Blue Bettle Jaime Reyes so at least they tried a bit more
I DuckDuckGo'd it and found this image:

Why not make something like this live-action? Don't they want money anymore?

Oh yeah... it's DC. Move along!

Edit: Hmm... I actually think I've seen this. Was pretty good.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.