Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Guest wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Simpsons had a successor. It was Futurama. Look how that turned out.
Great, until Fox killed it. First run Futurama was one of the best shows on television
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:46 pm

You reminded me that I completely haven't watched the second run of it, will probably do that today.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Seriously, don't. It's fucking terrible. This from someone who wanted it to be good
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Auli

Post by Auli » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:12 pm

Futurama is one of my top series of all time. Some episodes were godlike.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:14 pm

Auli wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:12 pm
Futurama is one of my top series of all time.
I can tell
Kugelfisch wrote:

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:28 pm

Liar Revealed wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:13 pm
The Simpsons is a dotard on life support and they really should be grooming a successor. And it ain't Family Guy... that show is an old dog needing to be taken behind the barn.
I'm still amazed that The Simpsons are still a thing. Back when it was a good show, everyone watched it. Now I don't know a single person that watches The Simpsons. Nobody mentions it.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:56 pm

The Simpsons - before it turned to shit - was one of the few shows watched by almost my entire family (the other major one being Married with Children).

Futurama had some pretty gud stuff, but it sadly didn't quite catch on as well. Might've been the time slot or something.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:13 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:04 pm
Seriously, don't. It's fucking terrible. This from someone who wanted it to be good
Like even some of the worst episodes of futurama are better than most cartoons, I have a hard time believing that they ruined it that badly.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Auli

Post by Auli » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:29 pm

I still enjoyed most of the older episodes. They were far from the older ones, but more watchable than any other cartoon.

Simpsons is a zombie at this point. In its glory days it was awesome and everyone watched it. Now it has been on for so long that the new generation haven't seen the old good stuff and think the new is shit (because it kinda is) and people who watched and loved it before has seen it slowly die and been dead, but still alive, for years now.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Post by Poonoo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:13 am

Auli wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:29 pm
Now it has been on for so long that the new generation haven't seen the old good stuff and think the new is shit (because it kinda is) and people who watched and loved it before has seen it slowly die and been dead, but still alive, for years now.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:28 pm
I'm still amazed that The Simpsons are still a thing. Back when it was a good show, everyone watched it. Now I don't know a single person that watches The Simpsons. Nobody mentions it.
The new generation only knows about the memes on social media. 90s simpsons has been memed a lot by normies recently without the overlords thing, steamed hams, aussies constantly referencing the Australia episode (some people made a petition to have our currency legally changed to be called "Dollaridoos", knifey spoony jokes, ect), "Am I out of touch, no it's the children who are wrong" and more I am probably forgetting.

No one talks about new Simpsons though. Fucking no one. Just imagine how many memes would be all over the internet every week if the Simpsons was around today, it seems every few months a new meme from the old show gets brought up.
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.