Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Liar Revealed » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:11 pm

I think I figured out the source of the hype confusion. Black Panther is the first black superhero in COMICS.

And for some reason some (stupid) people misunderstood that and started touting he was the first black superhero in MOVIES.
The last good(ish) marvel capeshit cartoon was that x-men evolution thing.
I recall Wolverine and the X-Men being good.
The various Marvel Anime were alright I guess. Just be sure to watch the Japanese version and not the awful English dub. Whosever idea it was to get C-list non-voice actor celebrities to dub the lead roles should be shot.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:54 pm

rabidtictac wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:02 pm
The last good(ish) marvel capeshit cartoon was that x-men evolution thing.
Spectacular Spider-Man came after that. There was also that MTV Spider-Man show that was semi-concurrent with X-Men: Evolution and is pretty underrated.
Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:24 pm
That shit stank, you just wanted to fuck Rouge.
Rouge the Bat? I didn't know she was in X-Men
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:04 pm

She really had the hots for Juggernaut Knuckles.
Liar Revealed wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:11 pm
The various Marvel Anime were alright I guess. Just be sure to watch the Japanese version and not the awful English dub. Whosever idea it was to get C-list non-voice actor celebrities to dub the lead roles should be shot.
That's fucking hilarious. Glorious Nippon always delivers when they get their hands on Marvel characters. I mean, Murrican Spiderman doesn't even have a giant robot.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Toei Spiderman didn't have the robot either since it got stolen early in production.

Auli

Post by Auli » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:20 pm

Just saw Thor: Ragnarok

I liked it. Almost TOO jokey at part, though.

And Thor might be my favourite Marvel-movie hero. It's mostly because I like the actor :3 He was in Home & Away.

Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:43 pm
Toei Spiderman didn't have the robot either since it got stolen early in production.
*googles "toei spiderman"

What. The. FUCK? xD
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:27 pm

I think my favorite part is that his catchphrase is "I'm the messenger from hell!", that there's some weird Jeebus imagery with his dead mentor - and that there's an episode where he defeats a cat furry with dark shinto magic.

His main flaw is that he kinda sucked balls at his job (at least the part that didn't involve blowing shit up). When the villains (led by Japanese Dr. Doom for some reason) decide to mess with you, you're basically fuuuuuucked.
Guest wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:43 pm
It lived on through the magic of stock footage.

(Also the Spiderman costume got a small tear early on which I think they never actually fixed.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Duwango
Goon

Post by Duwango » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:39 pm

I saw the first Thor movie not long ago and much to my not-surprise every minute of it was a predictable slog. According to my boy Zack the 2nd one is somehow even worse. It only helped cement my opinion that the MCU is made by and for Redditors only.

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:48 pm

I can confirm the second thor movie sucks massive dick. Not as bad a Avengers 2, but very few movies are. Avengers 2 is just a bayformers movie written by Joss.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:45 am

Never had the misfortune of seeing the second Thor film, as that was about the point that I swore off Marvel capeshit. Saw the first Thor and initially liked it for the quality and calibre of actors. Of course, I later realised that there was no fucking plot in that movie. Seriously. Can somebody please explain the plot to me?
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:55 am

WE WUZ KANGS
I feel bad for the comic book nerds who basically got the character stolen from them for race agenda's.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]