Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:33 pm

How can they even afford her? Aren't their titles all failures?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:34 pm

If Western comic publishers cared about actual sales and profits, they would've never gotten as infected with SJWism as they did. They are in fact perfectly willing to sink their ship, just so they won't offend some idiots on twatter.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:19 pm

https://wegotthiscovered.com/comicbooks ... dc-comics/

Capeshit movies are about to get worse.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:51 pm

>Other options apparently being considered to inject some fresh blood into DC Comics are to employ more screenwriters and filmmakers to pen comics.
Aren't comics written by movie capeshitters some of the worst ever?
>For instance, J.J. Abrams is currently helming a Spider-Man comic
Sounds like prime anti-kino.
Lol it apparently keeps getting delayed.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:30 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:19 pm
https://wegotthiscovered.com/comicbooks ... dc-comics/

Capeshit movies are about to get worse.
Yeah, total bullshit
Guest wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:51 pm
Aren't comics written by movie capeshitters some of the worst ever?
They are but that's usually because the only movie people they can get to write comics are usually shit in the first place. Kevin Smith, Sensitive Joss Whedon, Damon Lindelof and now GayGay Abrams to name a few
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

CuckTurdginson

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:15 pm

Whose to say - we never thought Disney would buy Fox ten years ago.
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:20 pm

AT&T would be better off just not printing comics anymore. In fact every comic should be set on fire with only Stardust the Super Wizard left remaining.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:21 pm

They should just make everything black-and-white and release it on toilet paper, just like mangos. That ought to reduce costs by a lot.

And hiring screenwriters and filmmakers to do comics is probably done for the same reason vidja hires Hollywood actors to do voice acting: They want to attract consoomers with big names, preferrably from a completely different (and more mainstream) field.
As for DiDio, this rumor points to the publisher being fired over AT&T’s disagreements with his planned “5G” relaunch, which would reboot the DC pantheon with contemporary characters. The company is apparently worried of how this rebranding would affect their upcoming screen projects focusing on classic heroes like The Batman.
This is about the only bit that sounds credible. They might just fear a situation like this:

"Man, this Batman movie was awesome! Maybe I should check out the comics!"
"..."
"Why is Batman black in this one?"

I feel they did a similar blunder when they cashed in on the autism that is the Teen Titans not-Animu by... splitting up the Titans in Nu 52 and retconning the team out of existance.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:28 pm

CuckTurdginson wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:15 pm
Whose to say
Anyone who's not an idiot. AT&T/Warners are not going to give up the highly lucrative Batman and Superman (especially Batman) properties and Disney/Marvel are not going to buy DC without them
Guest wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:20 pm
AT&T would be better off just not printing comics anymore.
This is a lot more likely
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:21 pm
And hiring screenwriters and filmmakers to do comics is probably done for the same reason vidja hires Hollywood actors to do voice acting: They want to attract consoomers with big names, preferrably from a completely different (and more mainstream) field.
That's exactly why they do it. Only problem is that comics are so irrelevant that they can't get big Hollywood people. They only get fanboy hacks like Smith or Whedon, or hacks that are only superficially into nerdshit, like Lindelof or Abrams. They'll never get Martin Scorsese or Paul Schrader to write a comic book
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
This is about the only bit that sounds credible. They might just fear a situation like this:

"Man, this Batman movie was awesome! Maybe I should check out the comics!"
"..."
"Why is Batman black in this one?"
Given that The Batman director is making everyone black in this one, it doesn't seem like such a big issue
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
I feel they did a similar blunder when they cashed in on the autism that is the Teen Titans not-Animu by... splitting up the Titans in Nu 52 and retconning the team out of existance.
You mean that same retcon that was done years after the Titans show ended and was no longer relevant?

They did a Titans book that capitalised on the show by having a superficially similar team. It were shit because it were written by Geoff Johns.
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:32 am

I’ll never get the Harley Quinn fanbase. She’s a dumb slut flunky to Joker who’s original fanbase were stupid cunts who used her to justify their shitty/abusive relationships. Now she’s this woke symbol of femcuntism championed by sad weak will...oh I get it now.