Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Poonoo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:44 pm
Kugelfisch wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:36 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:29 pm
Also, shoutout to Kugel, Germans seem to have pretty great teeth.
Not especially. You can usually see who's lower class.
Those people don't leave Bavaria or get film careers though, so the rest of us don't have to look at them.
FTFY
Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:32 pm

Maybe not exactly the most fitting thread of all time but here I go.
After talking a bit about the Judge Dredd pinball, playing it in TPA and checking out the latest PAPA TV live episode where it's played, I decided to finally read the comic.
I've browsed a bit around, checking out comic reader programs and shit because I'm not up for physical copies and found, to my surprise, that you can actually buy kindle versions at amazon. I loaded the free reading example and was pleasantly surprised that reading comics on it works perfectly fine.
You can just double tap a panel and it goes into panel by panel mode, always showing you the complete page first, then going by penal by turning a page with really crisp pictures.

So now I'm reading the complete Case Files 1 on a kindle Oasis and will go from there.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:31 pm

Heard about panel by panel mode before, and seems pretty nifty.

And I figured you might enjoy it since apparently the comic's from the same kind of "Fuck Thatcher" zeitgeist that birthed early Warhammer 40k aka Rogue Trader.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:36 am

Update on Judge Dredd.
I'm about halfway into the first case files and I really like them. They are mostly comedic in nature, sometimes delightfully heavy-handed about morals and sometimes downright hilarious.

The stories are all just about four pages long. Some, like the robot war, stretch over several episodes. Catchphrases are cheesy and shit happens with almost perfect comedic timing. An example about the robot war:
A robot goes rogue and kills people. Not subtly but all out raging in the streets. Dredd takes it out. At the end, Dredd remarks that robots are a potential threat. If one goes nuts, many others may.

Turn the page, next episode.
Dredd gets denied a request for a new law, outlawing robots. He takes off his badge, stating that he can't protect the citizens like that and thus there's no point to be a judge anymore. The robot gone rogue is examined, an accident happens and he's re-started before fixing the issue. He declares himself the leader of the robots and riles them up to revolt. War breaks out.
Dredd comes back immediately because protecting the citizens is the highest priority.

So it's "We may face the biggest threat yet soon. War with robots!" to BAM whaddaya know war with robots, dude! :lol:
It's fucking fantastic! The robot leader even captures Dredd at some point, Dredd goes all "You're literally Hitler" on him and he states "Why, yes! I'm a big fan of Hitler.". It's sooooo damn cheesy and I love it!

It all works because Dredd himself isn't goofy, aside from the occasional lame one-liner. He's also not "Law, judge and jury in one person" at all. Judge, yes. Jury, yes. Law? Absolutely not. The law is the law and though he will say that he is the law, he follows the law given to him by Justice Central devoutly.
So when there's a 30yrs minimum sentence on mass murder, he'll go capture the murderer if possible and not just sentence him to death because he can - because he can't. He's 100% obedient to the law.
Another surprise for me was that he is, without a doubt, the best judge and acknowledged as such right from the very first story. It's because he's genetically bread to be the best possible judge. I'm getting OPM vibes from this.

Man, I was really hoping I'd like Judge Dredd and so far I'm happy to report that I do.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:38 am

PS: The stories being short is alright with me. It's great because you can read a strip in the time it takes one to go take a piss. There's always time for one more Judge Dredd short. I often read one in between shitposting as well.
SpoilerShow
I am the white ghost!

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:05 am

The old judge dredd is pretty fun yeah. I also really like the original Rogue Trooper comic.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome

Lindsay's Liver

Post by Lindsay's Liver » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:14 pm

HAHAHAHA...

MegaNigger
Blackpill Merchant

Post by MegaNigger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:30 pm

Of course he dies. So they can replace him with Captain Bix Nood. In other news; Venom sucked and Titans was DOA. Surprising NO ONE...
-The user formerly known as CIANigger

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Wasn't the plan to replace him with Falcon anyway, thus making him black, Wolverine a Mexican woman, and Spidey a bisexual obsessed with sassy black women? Oh yeah, Mary Jane is black bitches.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:51 pm

Venom sucked but it wasnt any worse than the average MCU shitfest. The fact that its floping with critics just proves Disney buys good reviews anyway.