Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Poonoo
Bureaucrat

Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Poonoo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:05 am

Pray for the demise of this terrible fad and also watch this series too while your at it:

Old Black Man wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 pm
Also Lupa’s grandmother? Please, we know that hag was alive and well back then. She’s like the dude from Highlander, only a cunt.

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Charlar » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:18 am

Finally started reading Judge Dredd, any one has an ide where to find Progs 71,72,77 and 78? They aren't in the Judge Dredd Complete Case Files 02 because of copyright infringement
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

Seele

Post by Seele » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:33 am

Hopefully, the Capeshit bubble bursts by the next decade. I'm getting tired of hearing from normies about how "deep & philosophical" the latest Marvel movies like Civil Bore & Dr. Derange were. Also hoping that WB just quits pushing the DC hype train considering they failed outta the gate with Man of Steel and BvS.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:37 am

Charlar wrote:Finally started reading Judge Dredd, any one has an ide where to find Progs 71,72,77 and 78? They aren't in the Judge Dredd Complete Case Files 02 because of copyright infringement
I'm seconding that question. I want to start reading JD at some point too because the pinball is on my list of first things to get when I move to some place with more room.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

drisko

Post by drisko » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:39 am

Logan was pretty solid. Not sure you could call it a cape movie.

Have you guys checked out Irredeemable? It's about Superman going evil because he can't handle criticism. Not bad, went on longer than it should have but I enjoyed it overall.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:14 am

Seele wrote:Also hoping that WB just quits pushing the DC hype train considering they failed outta the gate with Man of Steel and BvS.
WB failing so much is hilarious to me. They've owned DC for pretty much forever, but they never figured out how to make anything but Batman, and even that can be hit-and-miss.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Big Brown Titties

Post by Big Brown Titties » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:09 pm

Logan was solid if you went in not expecting a superhero movie but some cheap-ass rumination on death or whatever "deep story" those asshole were trying to push. Seriously, 17 movies later and not once did he ever put on the iconic costume or actually play anything but a gruff Hugh Jackman.

Say what you want about the Marvel factory, but at least they don't try to pretend they're not making comic book movies.

Kugelfisch
The white ghost

Post by Kugelfisch » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm not surprised about anything after seeing what they did to Deadpool.
SpoilerShow
Cannons bray, the mighty quake!
Centuries of blood becomes erased!
I am the white ghost!

Rapeculture

Post by Rapeculture » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:45 pm

I don't think Logan was going for anything "deep," the director just seemed to want a Western/Capeshit movie where Logan was Old And Tired(TM). Plus lots of bloody blood. At least Wolverine got to actually carve people up this time I guess. Not terrible, imo, but overrated. Only has any real impact if you were ever REALLY invested in Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine.
rabidtictac wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:57 am
Rapeculture lives in a van by the river and rapes bitches every day.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Seele wrote:Hopefully, the Capeshit bubble bursts by the next decade. I'm getting tired of hearing from normies about how "deep & philosophical" the latest Marvel movies like Civil Bore & Dr. Derange were. Also hoping that WB just quits pushing the DC hype train considering they failed outta the gate with Man of Steel and BvS.
I don't think so, as long as DC movies will bring money, they will be making them.