Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
CuckTurdginson

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by CuckTurdginson » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:35 am
RAPEMAN wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:27 am
Lol. I love how she says White straight CIS males could never write about outsiders who don't fit in then later calls them outsiders angry because they never fit.
White men don’t have mental illnesses that isolate them from the populace at large. Comon now
ebin namefag wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 am
I don't know when they divorced I just know that it's Brad's fault.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:19 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:39 pm
Movies have been on a downward trend since arguably the '60s & '70s once the Hays Code was lifted & the cultural shift started setting in, and things took a turn for the worse over the past 50+ years. It's just the past few decades in which the decline accelerated and became more noticeable. We will never have a golden era of movies like the '30s - '50s ever again.
This is what may grandma would say! At some point, before I was born, she refused to go to movies anymore because she said most of them were trash.

I kind of know how she felt now. Maybe she was right all along.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:49 am

Guest wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:39 pm
Movies have been on a downward trend since arguably the '60s & '70s once the Hays Code was lifted & the cultural shift started setting in, and things took a turn for the worse over the past 50+ years. It's just the past few decades in which the decline accelerated and became more noticeable. We will never have a golden era of movies like the '30s - '50s ever again.
Are you high? The movies of the '60s and '70s, particularly the '70s, are some of the best ever made. We lionise the movies of the '30s-'50s but keep in mind that studios were like a production line then. They made a movie for every week of the year, sometimes two, and what we're remembering as movies of the '30s-'50s was only the good shit that survived. The vast majority of those films were as terrible as anything, and the immensely restrictive and arbitrary Hays Code meant that really only film noirs flourished.

No, if you want to place the decline somewhere, place it in the '80s where, thanks to muh Star Wars, every film had to be a big tentpole blockbuster, and they were shallow as anything.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:39 am

Movies have been circling the drain since they added sound and we had to listen to bitches yammer.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:30 am

I certainly miss monster movies where people would sit in an office while one of the character has a phone call, only to then turn around to the rest and explain what the phone call was about.

I appreciate their scarces usage of the monster, though. Modern movies go too crazy with CGI.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:38 am

Making movies needs to be criminalized and every film ever made needs each and every copy of it destroyed.
Hollywood was a big mistake and pretending it never happened is the first step of the healing process.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:13 am

Producing or consuming entertainment of any kind should be punishable by a harsh and lingering death.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:04 pm

Isn't it already? You consoom garbage entertainment, you still have to deal with life and misery on a daily basis. No amount of pew-pew whoom whoom or capes spewing Joss Whedon dialogue can really distract you from that - even MovieRobert has to deal with the reality of his pathetic existence (although of course he blames everything on rednecks and jawks holding back his Star Trek future, which will never stop being hilarious).

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:15 pm

Those jawks tricked Bob into giving himself diabetes, just like they tricked me into sucking their dicks and running a train on my ass.
Fucking jawks man.

veris leta facies

Post by veris leta facies » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:28 pm

This is getting deep.

To consoom capeshit, or not to consoom capeshit, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

And superheroes of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of Marvel.
When passing through the Valley of Humiliation, slaves and dastards, exposing their sores, sob aloud for consolation and sympathy.