Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 pm

Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:37 pm
Liar Revealed wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:18 am
I'm like two years behind on capeshit. I really don't want to watch Spider-Man Homecoming where they recast all of Peter Parker's friends with minorities. I think that's what's been holding me up. I haven't seen any capeshit beyond that one besides Deadpool 2.
Tobey Faire, did Peter Parker HAVE any friends besides Gwen and MJ when he was a teenager in the OG comic? The fat Asian nerd actually didn't bother me too much, but MJ is a total woke bitch. The best thing about that movie is Michael Keaton as The Vulture, and it's not like that's some unforgettable, amazing thing. You can probably skip it and you'll be fine. Peter has daddy issues with Tony Stark who treats him like the kid he is when he wants to be a real superhero. That's all you need to know.
What I've read is that the fat Asian nerd is one of Miles Morales's friends from the comics, but in order to avoid paying the creator of that character royalties, he was given the name of one of Peter Parker's friends, Ned Leeds.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:02 am

Venom was refreshing because it didn't have other superheroes competing for screentime and its stinger advertised the villain for Venom 2. It wasn't a trailer for someone else's movie* or some gay-ass team-up only cock gobbling millennials childbabies care about.

*Yeah, there was a random ass clip of that gay black guy's movie pasted onto the end credits but that was Amy Pascal shit not anything to do with the movie.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:04 am

Venom was total garbage, you must be the same guest talking to me in the other topic you really have shit for brains.

Guestposting was a mistake... Like a guest.. in the wind...
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:13 am

Take Brian Singer's cock out of your ass and realize Cobra Kai is gay shit for homos.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:33 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:13 am
Take Brian Singer's cock out of your ass and realize Cobra Kai is gay shit for homos.
Cobra Kai is actually the least gay and sjw thing released in the last 10 years or so, nice selfpwnage.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:56 am

Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:02 am
Venom was refreshing because it didn't have other superheroes competing for screentime and its stinger advertised the villain for Venom 2.
See, this makes me not want to see it. That's what Green Lantern did. "Oh, that popular villain that you all wanted to see the hero fight? Well FUCK YOU. You'd better hope we make this sequel that we're teasing."
People wanted to see Green Lantern fight Sinestro and people wanted to see Venom fight Carnage.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:22 am

Liar Revealed wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:56 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:02 am
Venom was refreshing because it didn't have other superheroes competing for screentime and its stinger advertised the villain for Venom 2.
See, this makes me not want to see it. That's what Green Lantern did. "Oh, that popular villain that you all wanted to see the hero fight? Well FUCK YOU. You'd better hope we make this sequel that we're teasing."
People wanted to see Green Lantern fight Sinestro and people wanted to see Venom fight Carnage.
Riot is basically just Carnage without the zany serial killer antics.

Ultimately it's just another dispossible superhero movie. You can watch it, or Thor, or Ant-man and have the same experience. The only thing different is the logo at the begining.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:24 am

Don't tell Reddit that though or they might start shutting themselves and banging their heads into the wall.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:03 pm

The point is Venom was just a movie about Venom. It wasn't a 2-hour advertisement for a shitty team-up movie nobody asked for.

Venom 2 needs to be rated-R if it's going to do Carnage though. And lay off the fucking CG already. Put a damn guy in a suit and get Michelle Williams naked.

Liar Revealed
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Liar Revealed » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:03 pm
The point is Venom was just a movie about Venom. It wasn't a 2-hour advertisement for a shitty team-up movie nobody asked for.
I'll take your word for it and might even check it out, but Sony is still under the delusion that they can make their own MCU out of just the Spider-Man characters.
お前はもう死んでいる。