Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:47 am

Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:08 pm
Probably afraid they'll Social Justice her right up just out of spite.
From the looks of things she's 'muh anxiety: the Green Lantern'. Dunno if that's consistent with her comics' characterisation because I never read Green Lantern, especially not Johns'
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

da PAC Nigguh
Supreme Shitposter

Post by da PAC Nigguh » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 am

Miss Marvel dropped 54% in its second weekend.

Brie Larson has no ass; her movie has no legs.
Is Spoony dead yet?

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:49 am

She'll take Thanos down anyway. Always bet on black (Disney)!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:38 am

da PAC Nigguh wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 am
Miss Marvel dropped 54% in its second weekend.

Brie Larson has no ass; her movie has no legs.
That's pretty normal for the MCU actually. A smidge above average, but I was hoping for high 60s to 70% myself.

None of these capeshit movies have particularly great legs. The "opens huge and then never mentioned again" meme isnt just a meme. They really do most of their money opening weekend and are then promptly forgotten.

I asked a few of my coworkers who wasted money on this shitfest opening week about it. None of them could remember much other than "the cat was cute" or "Sam Jackson was great, as always" or "I had an enjoyable night out with the family". I've conducted this experiment with every MCU flick since Dr. Strange. These movies have zero staying power with audiences as individual films. Even Infinity War is mostly just "the one where all the good guys turn to dust" to your average normie.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Movies these days just don't have staying power anymore, no matter how many records they may break in that first weekend (that's usually just inflation rearing its ugly head, anyways). Even capeshit turds like Batman vs Superman had a pretty good opening weekend.
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:47 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:08 pm
Probably afraid they'll Social Justice her right up just out of spite.
From the looks of things she's 'muh anxiety: the Green Lantern'. Dunno if that's consistent with her comics' characterisation because I never read Green Lantern, especially not Johns'
SocJusing this up would be kinda funny since this flick also includes Miss Martian, who is a (privileged) *White* Martian in greenface.

And she no longer dresses like some kind of Sailor Senshi? Sad.
Guest wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:49 am
Thanos will become a strawman for the alt-right. If he isn't already.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:26 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:44 pm
Movies these days just don't have staying power anymore, no matter how many records they may break in that first weekend (that's usually just inflation rearing its ugly head, anyways). Even capeshit turds like Batman vs Superman had a pretty good opening weekend.
Studios today only care about the opening weekend. I'm reminded of David Lean talking about Doctor Zhivago. Apparently the initial reviews for it were negative and Lean said that for the first two weeks the cinemas were empty. Then in the third week attendance started to pick up and by the fourth week it was playing to packed houses.

A film like Doctor Zhivago would never succeed today, and not just because it's four hours long and not a superhero movie
Kugelfisch wrote:
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Le Redditeur
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Le Redditeur » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:49 am
I love how people unironically say that as if it meant anything. "Captain Marvel will be responsible for defeating Thanos!" in an overproduced, underwritten, poorly-acted multibillion dollars extravaganza. So amazing. Twenty years from now, people in cinema classes will be studying this amazing event as a pivotal moment for the history of the Septième Art.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:52 pm

Niggers walking into a flick already knowing the ending, just wanting validation on their thoughts towards some kike faggot's soylent dream.
Films, music, books, video games, it all should be burned. Fiction is a disease and humanity has no time left for false hopes and dreams.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:25 pm

Okay, you're clearly retarded
Kugelfisch wrote:

Tony Schiavone

Post by Tony Schiavone » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:50 am

Le Redditeur wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:28 pm

I love how people unironically say that as if it meant anything. "Captain Marvel will be responsible for defeating Thanos!" in an overproduced, underwritten, poorly-acted multibillion dollars extravaganza. So amazing.
With what? The power of love lasers? The strength of wisdom that can only come from being a wise female?

I haven't seen the movie, but they should've given her something like what Firestorm has, like energy manipulation. To give her SOME reason to important against Thanos.

The reason she was a C-team player in the comics is because she could just fly, have Kree strength, and shoot yellow blasts. That's it. It was mainly just a legacy from an ash can character Stan made in a hurry to keep (and bury) the name so DC couldn't have it.

This probably the real reason her comics arent selling. Her only real power now is just giving lectures.
...and still: Spoony did nothing.