Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
ban

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by ban » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:38 pm

Yeah, don't remember it very well, the whole thing about Pete giving them the cold shoulder due to May's cardiac arrest etc. was also the start of Pete's juggling between Gwen and MJ. Was the reason Ditko left due to Lee not wanting Ditko to make Spidey a complete objectivist like the Question or Mr.A?

I gotta read the comics again since it's been a while since I did but the things I remembered from the run was what I misremembered and how early actually, JJJ's son fought Spider-man which I found odd.
Assiman wrote:You know who else is never wrong? Ban.
poonoo wrote:You just got ban'd!
He warned youShow

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:52 pm

ban wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:38 pm
Was the reason Ditko left due to Lee not wanting Ditko to make Spidey a complete objectivist like the Question or Mr.A?
We don't know conclusively why Ditko left. One of the reasons may have been because Stan Lee kept changing his shit.
Dial B for Blog did this really long but quite interesting rundown on Ditko. Worth a read: http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/695/
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

ban

Post by ban » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:12 pm

Thanks man. Been speed-re-reading the comics and you're right : Ditko left after Spidey 38 and 39 is the debut of Romita on Spider-man but 39 is also the start of the second cold shoulder thingie(which is what I was wrongly remembering and conflating with the first time it happened due to May's illness) and Harry's been a dick to everyone and Peter, due to his whole father drama at home but they are still kinda friends and grow even closer through the ordeal.
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:03 pm
How many of societies problems could be avoided if we just stopped taking fiction seriously.
The world will never know.
Especially since some people only have fiction to live for.
ban wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:00 pm
The fact that guestposters still trying to puzzle out that the whole cinematic universe is just those 50s film serials that they showed before the movie, except more expensive due to the success of the Superman films is astounding.
The main difference is that the film serials were a lot more honest about being dumb entertainment.
Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:43 pm
This is the third case that I am aware of where they declare someone a white supremacist and start harassing them only for their target of harassment to turn out to be an Asian-American man. The other two cases are the owner of Antarctic Press, Ben Dunn, who was threatened by Mark Waid when he was going to publish Richard C. Meyer's comic. (Meyer is currently suing Waid for this.) The other is Timothy Lim. Some garbage website called him a white supremacist for publishing a book where Donald Trump is a rabbit named Thump. He then sent them a photo of himself, revealing that he's not white, and demanded an apology. (I don't think they ever apologized to him.)
Lol, I hope at least one of those guys went "Did you just assume my ethnicity?!"
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

ban

Post by ban » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:55 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:29 pm
The main difference is that the film serials were a lot more honest about being dumb entertainment.
No doubt about it, it's what makes them cheesy and timeless for a good stoned marathon or some fun time with buds. But effectively, like all good things, the formula is taken and stretched to its utmost limits to generate money in the most disgusting way possible.
He warned youShow

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:20 am

ban wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:00 pm
The fact that guestposters still trying to puzzle out that the whole cinematic universe is just those 50s film serials that they showed before the movie, except more expensive due to the success of the Superman films is astounding. it was pretty much the easiest thing to do once enough people cared about capes but that ground had to be fertilized first. If Marvel jumped with its whole spergverse back during the Nolan days, things may not have been the same they are now. I could see Iron Man 1 still being a masterpiece and 3 being an enjoyable flick and a decent end for the character(as it should have fucking been from the fucking start instead of retcons due to Abengers money and Whedcucks reeeeeeing they might lose their favourite avenger and quipmachine) but the rest? If anything, people would suffer severe burnout on hero flicks and lambasted them harder than ever. Nerd culture and the rest of that cancer not taking off until after TDK would also give the audience a severe case of burnout.

Think back on other "cinematic universes" of old like the Hammer films, the Godzilla flicks or whatever. Once a year you'd go to the cinema, watch Lugosi and Lon Chayney Jr put some make up and spout one one-liner like "I vant to drink your blood" and *insert furry noises* and you'd spent a pleasant afternoon or just watch Godzilla destroy japan for the 50th time, laugh, cheer for the King everytime he tore the other monster and JSDF a new asshole and go your merry way. That was it, there wasn't any overarching narrative, just something to pass the time.
In short: yes, "cinematic universe" is just a marketing term for autistically complex movie series. Probably because your average millenial comic book nerd has never seen a movie made before the 90's unless it's a nerd milestone flick like Star Wars and wouldn't know what the fuck a film serial is.

ban

Post by ban » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:32 am

In the age where every fuckwad millenial or phone user autistically scurges youtube channels and glorified blogs posing as news channels with good editorials, that have all this "wacky info about stuff our grandparents used to do and watch", I don't buy that, especially when the have the info from their favourite youjewer, telling them what fucking cereal they were eating as the bombs were landing in munich during the war? I don't buy that.
He warned youShow

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:13 am

This is getting me flashbacks from 10+ years ago when every single Kraut TV channel had its own "Eastalgia" edutainment show were they were showcasing just how whacky those people from the German Democratic Republic used to be. Though at least that was fresh enough that it was easy to do research, and there were plenty of East German celebrities and nobodies willing to lecture us Western devils.

(Though they didn't talk about the Stasi or all the people getting offed trying to flee the country. That was apparently not whacky enough.)
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Auli

Post by Auli » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:44 pm

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:31 pm
Capeshit flicks are obsessed with CGI. Even if they'd make awesome-looking IRL costumes, the special effects guys will just replace it with CGI in post because you are apparently no longer allowed to have a scene without it anymore.

This is a part of why movies suck so hard...
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:56 pm

So what did you think of aquaman?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine