Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:48 pm

Sony just released the trailer for Brightburn, aka Evil Superman Horror Movie. It's not based on any specific funnybook but the premise leans heavily on capeshit. The movie itself looks intreaguing but it's being produced by James Gunn who is, at best, an edgy dipshit who should have stayed making Troma movies and at worst a pedophile. That said, all Hollywood producers are pedophiles so if you're already seeing or supporting movies it shouldn't make to much of a difference. Sony os heavily promoting him though, I wonder how that makes the director feel. (Though chances are good he is also a pedo)

All that aside, the funniest thing about it is the reaction from comic book fans. Of course Snyderfags are crying plagiarism but on the other side you have the "twu fans", life long dyed in the wool basement dwellers declaring this an insult to Suprahman and Sacred Capeshit Texts in general. Like I said, the movie looks interesting enough, with only Gunn's prominance in the advertising giving me pause, but to the comic thumping manchild a film satirizing their favorite power fantasies and showing them in such a negative light is absolute haram.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Does it have a loli like Kick-Ass?
Keith Chegwin wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:35 pm
VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:07 pm
Would be pretty lulzy if they white-washed him.
Nah, they just made him Muslim too. Or, at least, they got a black muslim to play him
The fools! Having him be black and muslim is Double Heresy!
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:31 am

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-fil ... 67321.html
It’s safe to say that Sony Pictures Animation’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is unlike almost any other mainstream cg-animated American film. The movie’s animation style directly references comic book panels, right down to the line work, the movement of the characters themselves, and via the infusion of actual off-set printing press processes into the final moving imagery.
Too bad all that work is wasted on SpiderCoon: Into the Diversity, staring Dindu Mark Ruffalo Shameik Moore and co-directed by this douche
BTW, Kingpin is going from this

to this

Totally not a caricature of Trump, (((Pure Coincidence))).
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:54 am

I don't doubt the director is a piece of shit but I don't see the Trump parallel in that Kingpin
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:43 am

JL Unlimited wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:31 am
https://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-fil ... 67321.html
It’s safe to say that Sony Pictures Animation’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is unlike almost any other mainstream cg-animated American film. The movie’s animation style directly references comic book panels, right down to the line work, the movement of the characters themselves, and via the infusion of actual off-set printing press processes into the final moving imagery.
Too bad all that work is wasted on SpiderCoon: Into the Diversity, staring Dindu Mark Ruffalo Shameik Moore and co-directed by this douche
BTW, Kingpin is going from this

to this

Totally not a caricature of Trump, (((Pure Coincidence))).
Remember when Spider-Man was about Peter Parker? I miss those days. And why is the libshit tactic to insist everyone is a white supremacist? Do they have concrete proof that any of those people named are?

I really need to start that cult militia and commence the suicide bombings...
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:54 am
I don't doubt the director is a piece of shit but I don't see the Trump parallel in that Kingpin
I don’t know much about Kingpin, but having him simply wear all black is a BETRYAL! to his style, right? Granted, this decision could have been made so that animating him would be easier*, but that’s giving them too much credit. Also, you can’t tell me (((Hollywood))) wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to have Trump get beaten by a Dindu/Spic mutt.

*Or the all black suit could be referencing another celebrity/politician, and I’m slowly turning into Mr. Crocker. :lol:
Guest wrote:
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:48 pm

yeah the all black makes him seem more like a club bouncer than a kingpin imo
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Keith Chegwin
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Keith Chegwin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:33 pm

JL Unlimited wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:23 pm
I don’t know much about Kingpin, but having him simply wear all black is a BETRYAL! to his style, right?:
Nope. Kingpin's worn black suits before
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am
Imagine spending a billion US dollars to be a loser. Could've watched animu and be one for free.

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:33 pm
JL Unlimited wrote:
I don’t read a lot of capeshit, so I’ll take your word for it.
Guest wrote:

Old Black Man
Champion of Lawlhalla

Post by Old Black Man » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:44 am

Keith Chegwin wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:33 pm
JL Unlimited wrote:
I don’t know much about Kingpin, but having him simply wear all black is a BETRYAL! to his style, right?:
I miss Blade...he was fun.
I’m getting too old for this shitposting.