Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:53 am

rabidtictac wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:43 pm
Until the end where they reluctantly work together to defeat the big mastermind kind of except not really, then Iron Man and Captain Burgerica slap fight as if they were roleplaying Kugel and Duwango. The big villain tries to An Hero himself (literally he's such a faggot he just wanted to show Iron Man some shitty video proving a brainwashed idiot did something bad, and once the bad guy does he decides to die) but is stopped by Token Black, who learned that vengeance is bad, mmmkay. Even allowing bad people to suicide is apparently bad mmmkay.
"If you kill your enemy you'll be just like him!"
or rather
"If you let your enemy kill themselves you'll be just like them!"
I don't know how to phrase it, maybe Little Potato or Charlar could help.

Auli

Post by Auli » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:27 am

Black Cougar is great. Thank you, RLM, for bringing it back from the shadows.
I'm in your bedroom, folding your clothes.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:36 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:14 pm
If they wanted the spears and sticks to make sense, they should've either borrowed from Stargate (aka have the spears and sticks shoot lazor beams), or go full-on pulp and turn this into Black Flash Gordon (where the Roman-looking guards are just as likely to carry swords as they are to carry rayguns).
Wakanda has always been a mix og high and low technology

TheProgressive

Post by TheProgressive » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Went to see it last night and was actually pleasantly surprised. Sure, most of the action was shit (except the ritual fights IMO), the "world ending" stakes were distracting and unnecessary and it ends with a fight between two people in near identical costumes with near identical powers AGAIN but I liked the worldbuilding and pretty much all of the main cast. I thought Killmonger was one of the best one-off villains the MCU has had and the fact his presence seemed to cause an actual change in the hero's perspective is something most capeshit movies totally ignore.

Personally, I think this is one of the best movies the MCU has put out, which only makes me hate the "diversity marketing" of the film even more. If the film is pretty good, just sell people on the film being good! I almost didn't bother watching it at all based on my thinking that it would just be another subpar capeshit film but with darkies.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Guest wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:59 pm
So Iron Man 3 was the Hellraiser In Space of the series and everything with Tony Stark in it is basically a prequel? Cuz that fucking movie ended with him not being Iron Man anymore but he's in EVERY DAMN MOVIE as Iron Man.
The MCU is running on tokusatsu logic. Just because you quit / lost your powers / actually died doesn't prevent you from participating in crossover events.
Guest wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:53 am
"If you kill your enemy you'll be just like him!"
or rather
"If you let your enemy kill themselves you'll be just like them!"
I don't know how to phrase it, maybe Justin Castro's Son or Charlar could help.
It's the Batman dilemma.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:11 pm

TheProgressive wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:12 pm
Went to see it last night and was actually pleasantly surprised. Sure, most of the action was shit (except the ritual fights IMO), the "world ending" stakes were distracting and unnecessary and it ends with a fight between two people in near identical costumes with near identical powers AGAIN but I liked the worldbuilding and pretty much all of the main cast. I thought Killmonger was one of the best one-off villains the MCU has had and the fact his presence seemed to cause an actual change in the hero's perspective is something most capeshit movies totally ignore.

Personally, I think this is one of the best movies the MCU has put out, which only makes me hate the "diversity marketing" of the film even more. If the film is pretty good, just sell people on the film being good! I almost didn't bother watching it at all based on my thinking that it would just be another subpar capeshit film but with darkies.
I read somewhere he gets his ass kicked in every fight then goes SJW at the end and opens BLM schools in Compton.

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:16 pm

This is the only super hero I need.

SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Was this movie just the most elaborate 4chan troll ever? :lol:

Either way, it's really bringing out the autism in the Kangz.

Rushy
Supreme Shitposter

Post by Rushy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:01 pm

I love how Justice League came and went without anybody even noticing
Kugelfisch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 pm
Oh there will be fucker for sure.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:34 pm

It's totally not strange or odd to shape your lifestyle and culture after a capeshit movie. No, Sir, totally normal.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette