Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
Seele

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by Seele » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:23 am

As of now, no. Hollywood will probably still make one regardless, just like Crap in the Shell, and it'll suck.
God's in his Heaven/All's right with the world

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:36 pm

The question is when. I mean fuck, live-action NGE has been in the 9th layer of Development Hell since the First Impact.
rabidtictac wrote:They should do one and cast Cumberbatch as Spike and ScarJo as Faye. Who else is trending who hasn't been in some shit? Let's get that Lawrence bitch in here from Hunger Games, maybe she can be Edward. That motherfucking Stringer Bell can be Jet Black.
And they can spend the months leading up the the release overhyping the shit out of how they're gonna make Edward trans. Not that this will actually amount to anything but a passing mention in the actual movie, but they'd totally do it.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

4 wikia: static -> vignette

Charlar
DHI's Resident Pussy

Post by Charlar » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:36 am

I quit comics the first time because of Identity Crisis then i tried to get back but that was just before Cry for justice, Rise of Arsenal and Titans: Villains for Hire happened. Is DC Rebirth better than that shit at least?
-On the internet, everyone end up being Spoony or Tim Buckley
-All fanbases are shit
-Most people had, have and will have shit tastes

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon May 15, 2017 8:13 am

VoiceOfReasonPast wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:36 pm
The question is when. I mean fuck, live-action NGE has been in the 9th layer of Development Hell since the First Impact.
Live-action NGE, an attempt of a hollywoodized version would be amusing, would it go Dragon Ball Evolution or Transformers route? Moreover I would be curious how would they cast the children, would they change the 14 year olds to 20/30sthings so they could cast someone noticeable? Or would they get some kids.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 15, 2017 3:47 pm

They'll probably get an agelift, and it'll probably be a Pacific Rim ripoff where every monster is a variatioin of Sachiel because that's the most normal of the iconic angels.

And similar to DBE, Shinji will keep his name while becoming a lot whiter.
Autism attracts more autism. Sooner or later, an internet nobody will attract the exact kind of fans - and detractors - he deserves.
-Yours Truly

sigh

Post by sigh » Mon May 22, 2017 8:29 am

So no Ramiel then.
Would they leave the cabalistic and judeo-christian imagery or drop it in favor for some mandala-like things and other flashy cgi shit like they used in the Doctor Strange movie? They would keep the names of the angels, because most of them wouldn't really struck a cord, but the crosses, halos tree of life could be easily replaceable. They would probably expand the Kaworu part of the storyline wouldn' they?

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Mon May 22, 2017 4:05 pm

I dunno. Keeping the imagery would help with their likely attempt to make the movie "deep".
-Yours Truly

Mr. Saoirse Ronan

Post by Mr. Saoirse Ronan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:43 pm

We're doing the question thing again?

Saw WW. It's "better" than Batman/Superman in that it's not six movies crammed into one and isn't three hours long, but that's about it. It looks and feels like a movie directed by a woman who thought she was doing Emma or something. Generic, full of girly emotional shit, and the action scenes lack any punch. It's full of CG and 300-style slow motion and I can't think of a single thing that would make me ever want to see it again.

In it's defense, I will say that it's not at all feminist. Most of the time WW only survives because her all-male team is there supporting her, and she's only really badass because Zeus is her daddy and gave her his awesome powers. Those powers are wildly inconsistent, though. She uses armor and a shield to deflect bullets for some reason, even though she's shown to be able to fall like 200 stories without a scratch and explosions and even direct lightning strikes don't harm her.

VoiceOfReasonPast
Supreme Shitposter

Post by VoiceOfReasonPast » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:49 pm

I can only assume the bracelets are from a time when she was a lot more low-powered, and they kept it because "tradition". Or she's a glass cannon with an allergy to lead.

Damage resistance in capeshit stuff is fucked up, anyways. People can punch each other from one city to the next with relative little effect, but as soon as someone picks up a sharp weapon shit is starting to hit the fan.
-Yours Truly

rabidtictac

Post by rabidtictac » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:11 pm

The wonder woman bracelets have always been retarded. Did none of you sperges watch justice league unlimited? She did the same shit there. She can fly and fight on par with superman, but she still deflects bullets ever-so-carefully with those bracelets because whoever designed them was a fucking moron. If she were fast enough to deflect a bullet with a little piece of metal, her super power should be speed and not anything else.

Also, the bullets should go right through the metal anyway, unless deflected at the perfect angle. Ancient greek metals were trash.

Capeshit writers are retards.
RAPEMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm
>liberal: ban x
>trump: yeah ban x
>liberal: no bro x is awesome