Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Music, Movies, just about anything that isn't gaming related but is still entertainment goes here.
mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Re: Capeshit thread (comics and movies)

Post by mad bum » Sun May 06, 2018 5:28 am

I've been avoiding this thread until I actually saw the movie and I did.

I haven't seen much cape shit, and I hardly want to see it 5 more times, but I enjoyed what I watched.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

sigh

Post by sigh » Sun May 06, 2018 10:01 am

Guest wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:17 pm
Thanos is just delusional. He conjured up an idiotic resolution to the universes problems and just gone through with it, but when they used muh finite resources and muh overpopulation for justification of his actions I thought that some libshits would buy into it. Going by the idea that his random picking of individuals is a true random picking I can totally see him fucking up an entire planet because he killed of all the females of a species that is vital to it's food chain or killing of to much plant life so that there isn't enough to generate enough oxygen or shit like that (or is his killing half of the universe only apply to sentient life? If it is why though? It is not like lesser lifeforms don't use resources.) or like it will kill of the predators because he killed all the prey in their vicinity. It's fucking dumb or it isn't truly random. Why did they take away the Thanos trying to impress death part. That's so dumb that would fit right into the MCU. So they'll just gonna do the Nebula gets the infinity gauntlet and reverses everything bit in the next movie making everything in this one pointless won't they? I'd love if they at least kept Gamora dead, to have any sort of consequences and to subvert the Starlord and Gamora relationship that was baited all this time.

How is Killmonger different from any other generic "Take over the world" villain though? because a guy that wants to elevate the plight of a certain race of people using violence and armed forces. doesn't really sound that innovative to me. Throw even some family murder and vengeance to that for good measure.

Hela and her undead army, how is she a good villain? Is it because she revealed that Odin was a dick? Everyone knew that from the start and after that again the world/universe domination arc. Or is it different this time because she is a woman?

I'll give you Vulture, for all the shortcomings of the Tony Stark junior movie, Vulture was okay, but that's probably more because of Michael Keaton than anything else.

Ego wanted to expand himself over the entire universe if I remember correctly so this is the same arc again just in a different set of clothes.
I start to notice a pattern, which is funny because tgwtg is the site that popularized the 'taking over the world' meme.
Last edited by sigh on Sun May 06, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Sun May 06, 2018 10:12 am

mad bum wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:28 am
I haven't seen much cape shit, and I hardly want to see it 5 more times, but I enjoyed what I watched.
Your taste is shit. Swallow a sword.

JL Unlimited

Post by JL Unlimited » Sun May 06, 2018 1:04 pm

sigh wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:01 am
I start to notice a pattern, which is funny because tgwtg is the site that popularized the 'taking over the world' meme.
Guest wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You're a bunch of monkeys dancing for shekels. Dance and keep your pie holes shut, monkeys. Your dumbass opinions aren't wanted and aren't valid.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun May 06, 2018 1:06 pm

sigh wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:01 am

wtf ??? Do you live in a bubble or something?
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

sigh

Post by sigh » Sun May 06, 2018 2:13 pm

AngrySpoonySnob wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 1:06 pm
wtf ??? Do you live in a bubble or something?
Maybe I didn't express myself clearly enough. I meant that some of the people on that side were making fun of how stupid and clichéd the villain trying to take over the world plot is.

AngrySpoonySnob

Post by AngrySpoonySnob » Sun May 06, 2018 2:18 pm

Yeah that is something completely different than making a meme popular.
Respect my gangsta
- Wackashi Snitchnine

Pepsi Man

Post by Pepsi Man » Sun May 06, 2018 4:11 pm

It's not a meme to begin with.
Guest wrote:Poopy Man

mad bum
Supreme Shitposter

Post by mad bum » Sun May 06, 2018 4:43 pm

Guest wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:12 am
mad bum wrote:
I knew I'd get shit here for enjoying it, but faggy guest posters don't count.
SpoilerShow
phpBB [video]

Post by Guest » Sun May 06, 2018 5:02 pm

mad bum wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:43 pm
Guest wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:12 am
mad bum wrote:
I knew I'd get shit here for enjoying it, but faggy guest posters don't count.
Don't discredit me because I chose to be anonymous you fucking cocksucker. Every motherfucking faggot on the internet uses that excuse to deflect actual criticism. Go to Hell.